Starting out as Friends With a Yankee Girl

Double-page supporter
Bruh.. This author making a ntr version based on this supposed heartwarming and fluffy manga, like fucking why??

Fed-Kun's army
Imagine making an ntr of your own manga characters, those doujin artist really have a big problem, they don't even respect their own characters

Dex-chan lover
Ok, this manga was not bad but also not great, but the "twist" killed it.
You know the typical trope where someone cofesses to someone else he/she never spoke before just because she/he is hot? This is about that. The MC confesses to a girl and the girl flat out rejects him because his reasons for wanting to go are stupid, so he wants to start out as friends (and thats why the title...)
Every chapter is about the dude trying out something to make her impression of him improve, but he fucks up, she gotta teach him how is done and he gets super discouraged.

Thats how every chapter worked and thats how i at least thought it was gonna work, with her getting more and more interested in him. But nope, author decided
to suddenly rush things when she suddenly remembers that he is actually her childhood friend she forgot about and he also forgot about her, so from that point on she starts being super concious around him.
So, what? She didnt like him at all but just remembering he is someone she met when they were children makes her interested in him? What about all the things she didnt like about him? suddenly disappeared?
This sudden progress feel forced and in my opinion kills the whole point of the series.

Dex-chan lover
I mean the manga isn't good or anything, but the low rating has to be about the doujin which is only tangentially related to this manga, who cares about NTR in a doujin even if the same artist made it as long as it's not canon to the actual Manga..

Maybe..

Fed-Kun's army
I wrote a super long explanation of events for the significance of chapter 16 in relation to the associated stories.
It's somewhat important to the story if you want to understand everything, but it doesnt change anything, you can never know it and you wont be missing anything significant since they literally time travel to cancel out bad events and ensure only good ones (though theres a happy ending both before and after time travelling).

Anyway if you ever feel the urge to understand how the associated story/doujin ties into the main story (specifically at ch16) then read chap 16 and my explanation in the comment section of that chapter.

*cant wait for our main couple to have their happily ever after. They're cute AF together and I love yankee/gal girls.

Fed-Kun's army
Well just to be clear in the associated story the ntr was really only semi-ntr and only happened temporarily before the FMC came to her senses and totally split from the college sleazeball and then dated and married our MC (and hooked up with our MC wayyy more overall)
The side story is actually about the FMC changing time so that that that semi-ntr speed bump never happens, even if it was only ever temporary; while making sure she still ends up with our MC.
So in chapter 16 that change via time travel was made canon and the bad shit has now never occured. Our MCs still have their happy ending together except now the route to it is event happier.

* Also given that time travel is now subtly canon, I feel confident in asserting that that dream our FMC (yankee girl) had of her future self being married to our MC and getting all lovey dovey with him and shit, was really an experience/vision from the actual future.

( @Darklight99 @agustD --- so the semi/temporary ntr has now been undone and canonically never occured, given that they changed time. So dont worry about that bad shit it should be mostly all good now >though Im sure there'll be some drama, I think any drama will be worked out, since our MCs (especially FMC) were able to work out and undo some of the most tedious drama that could've potentially occured.
>>And through the influence of our FMC our MC is becoming more ballsy all the time )

>> I think if anything that tie-in to the associated story only occurs because that associated story was the prototype for this main story, so our author wanted to make it all mesh <<

* It's also possible to view it as - both the bad shit, and most of the Time Travel, now never occured since the events leading to them have now never happened in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
It's all set to be good and sweet and happy now. If the author fucks it up at this point then they're am idiot and it's pitchforks and torches time lmfao.

For real though I hope everything goes well and that our main couple gets together soon (as I think they're already in the process of doing) and has their happily ever after

I wonder what possessed the author/artist to make his series into an NTR cheating doujin and then backtrack on it with magical time travel powers and make it non canon (was it even canon)...? Then again it sounds like the doujin came first then he made it into a series... I'm so confused what is going on and I only started reading this manga 😱

I really dont like this guy, he's such a downer and buzzkill while also being a lowkey asshole because he keeps wanting to act like he's some generic MC-kun who's got it all. Like he says some dumb shit that would not fly irl and she sets him straight which is good, but still, fuck this guy. I keep seeing comments about the ntr doujin and I'm boutta go read those cause he kind of deserves to get cucked, I dont like him.

Dex-chan lover
Hm, went through it up to the current chapter. Kinda not feeling the chemistry , but if you enjoy it, then it's okay.

Well this seems like a deathtrap if i'v ever seen one.. Considering people are saying the author made a doujin ntr story. That's a no go for me and i'm not even willing to gamble it.

Aggregator gang
so why is this getting 6 rating again? because of doujin that has nothing to do with the main story? im really confused

also why is there supernatural tag there?????

Users who are viewing this thread