Starting Today, We’re Childhood Friends - Vol. 10 Ch. 97 - Childhood Friend and Button

Dex-chan lover
Wish that last exchange wasn't offscreen. Would have been funny to see them bicker.

It's cute how FMC sees her "childhood friend" shenanigans as no different from that of a couple. It speaks to the innocence that she had when reading all that romance/romcom mangas. MMC seems very conscious about it, but I legit think she isn't. I think that should be written into her character more clearly though.

i wonder how easily buttons come off of uniforms like that (i know it's a 'thing' to give someone your second button at graduation), but wholesome childhood romance aside, it'd be good for a guy to at least know how to sew a button even if he doesn't do much else
We're busy opening pickle jars. It's an ancient art that requires years of practice. Some perfect it, others struggle. Some Americans may wish to see it as an Olympic sport.

Dex-chan lover
We're busy opening pickle jars. It's an ancient art that requires years of practice. Some perfect it, others struggle. Some Americans may wish to see it as an Olympic sport.
i wonder how popular pickles are in japan...i know kimchi is huge in korea but given how useful some Japanese household things are i wouldnt be surprised if they made 'easy to open' type stuff esp since the mom/housewife takes care of all the food/cleaning related stuff lol

Supporter
Wish that last exchange wasn't offscreen. Would have been funny to see them bicker.

It's cute how FMC sees her "childhood friend" shenanigans as no different from that of a couple. It speaks to the innocence that she had when reading all that romance/romcom mangas. MMC seems very conscious about it, but I legit think she isn't. I think that should be written into her character more clearly though.
We've seen her struggle with knowing the osananajimi thing has a time limit that's quickly passing particularly in a couple of the still-missing installments but very clearly wanting to hold on to what she missed out on till the last possible moment.

Her treatment of the other two is a little complicated by all that plus her knowledge that they're both aware they're stuck with each other (the whole "fated partners" bit), that it's probably the right thing for them in the end, but they're still quite salty about it even so. It's still easier, though, to blatantly treat them as a romantic pair while clumsily bolting on the cf plate.

Dex-chan lover
i wonder how easily buttons come off of uniforms like that (i know it's a 'thing' to give someone your second button at graduation), but wholesome childhood romance aside, it'd be good for a guy to at least know how to sew a button even if he doesn't do much else
I think he does know how to fix it, he even said he was going to do it himself.

Dex-chan lover
i thought we were gonna have childhood friend ntr :pepela:
At first read, I was like, "why the fuck she blushing at him while talking about his second button??" Then realized she's always rosy cheeked and her whole idea was him giving the second button to her friend.

Supporter
i wonder how popular pickles are in japan
tsukemono are very popular and there are a lot of varieties. We aren't just talking about pickled cucumbers either (though pickled japanese cucumber is also common).

pickled ginger, pickled plums, pickled daikon radish, pickled onion, etc. etc.

That said, it's all a bit separate from the "pickle jar" question. Many of these are sold in simply plastic containers or bags. You can get many of them in jars, but it generally depends on how much you're buying.

Dex-chan lover
i wonder how popular pickles are in japan...i know kimchi is huge in korea but given how useful some Japanese household things are i wouldnt be surprised if they made 'easy to open' type stuff esp since the mom/housewife takes care of all the food/cleaning related stuff lol
Pickled vegetables are a huge part of Japanese food, but I don't know how many are ready-sold versus just made at home. I wouldn't be surprised if they're sold in some other packaging, too.

Supporter
Pickled vegetables are a huge part of Japanese food, but I don't know how many are ready-sold versus just made at home. I wouldn't be surprised if they're sold in some other packaging, too.
Some are easy to make at home and many do so.

I do the full canning process for pickling I do here in Canada, but in Japan most home pickling seems to favor small batches that are cold pickled (like strips or cubes of cucumber pickled in salt brine with hot pepper slices -- you drain the brine, but otherwise serve as is.)

Users who are viewing this thread