State of the MangaDex #3: New Staff, Vision for the Future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
@Zephyrus - Thanks for you hard work guys, i'm really happy of mangadex, indeed it can improve for the better, in my case i prefer more customizations about what is displayed (i'm a minimalist when it come to layers and interfaces), but you are doing a great job and a great service for scanlators. Thanks again.

Miku best girl
Admin
I actually put fansubbing on my CV and talked about it.

"Oversee projects directing multi-disciplinary teams for the localisation of Japanese media for a Western audience."

Sound impressive when you put it like that lol.

Contributor
@Teasday you're not considered as staff before mmm...~?

And congratz to Holo and if you put it like that, scanlating and fansubbing sounds impressive mmm...

Dex-chan lover
congrats @Holo on getting a job. don't overwork~

don't wanna die from lack of sleep after a 48-hour marathon only to reincarnate as a goblin lol

???Thank you all for the tremendous work on this amazing site! I love you all ?

Contributor
great work my dudes, only bugs ive experienced are minor page loading bugs that happen like 0.001 percent of the time.

also i've thought teasday was a staff member for a while now, hes always been vip at least lol.

also rip to holo,was nice knowing you ;o;
raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for your hard work till now @Holo!

@Teasday will work on the reader now? Maybe I'll re-suggest some of the changes needed to improve over the current one ?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@EzioAs posted:

Teasday will work on the reader now? Maybe I'll re-suggest some of the changes needed to improve over the current one ?
Backend refactoring and a proper API implementation come first, I'll go back to working on the reader afterwards. I did already start another reader rewrite (lol) in preparation for implementing layout options, because I realized I was going to need a proper templating library to do that instead of the janky half-manual method I've been using so far. The sidebar layout is essentially the most significant complaint about the reader currently, so once I'm done I figure the layout options should make most of the unhappy users a little happier again.

Group Leader
I'm curious as to what the next competition will be since I didn't have time during the one for the logo :(

MD@Home
im a lurker and pretty much just stop by to post when i have a problem that i need help with or a bug to report, but i wanted to share my thoughts.

this might not be obvious coming from someone who only comes to you when help is needed, but i am extremely grateful of the service mangadex and its staff provides to me and the rest of the community and certainly do not take it for granted. it truly is a privilege that this site and community even exist. i certainly imagine it can be discouraging to the people who make this work come into fruition that little to no recognition is given and mostly only see people making requests or even demands, but don't let it get to you, a lot of the criticism given is out of the same passion for the medium that we all share. i thank you all for all your hard work so far and hopefully to the many years to come!

also, thanks personally for implementing and fixing all the bugs with the RSS feed since the website began, it is an indispensable feature to me!

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@sameyepatch posted:

Go on...
I don't know where you want me to go, lol. The way the codebase is right now is not going to be great in the long run, so it needs some work to make it quicker, easier and cleaner to develop for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread