Still unable to bookmark with iPad 2

I first encountered this problem a month ago, around the time when the site received a big update and at the same time it first became a target for the bigger DDoS attacks that grippled the whole site.
The problem is that I'm unable to use certain features on the site such as bookmarking, because the buttons are unresponsive and they only refresh the page when I press them.
However, this only occurs on my Ipad2 that uses ios 9.3.5 version (apple no longer supports older devices). I mainly read manga with my tablet.

There was this workaround for the bookmarking where I type the name of the manga that Iwant bookmark onto the search box and hit search, I was able to bookmark series there from the search results. But recently even that method is now useless. If I want ro bookmark a series, I'll have to do that on my desktop PC or on my phone.

There were several people reporting this same issue here in the forums back then, but from what I can remember those reports were never solved. All that the moderators asked from us was that were we able to access cdndex.com site, which we were, and it became dead silence afterwards. Now if I try to access the cdndex.com site it redirecrs me immediately to mangadex.org domain.

So, where do we go from here? Any plans on solving this problem or are we ios 9.3.5 users ignored due being the small minority?

I apologize if this came out offensively, but I've been dealing with problem for over month now and I'm running out of patience as the situation becomes worse.

Group Leader
I am absolutely supporting you here. Have the same issue on my ipad mini and I also reported the bugs earlier.

There was a reply from some of the staff who said they wrote a fix but they couldn't integrate it yet (I forgot the reason why).
When mangadex updated the new mobile device navigation, I hoped the ipad issue was resolved too, but unfortunately it was not. :(

Found it here:
https://mangadex.org/thread/58390

Dex-chan lover
The fix only enabled comments on chapters, not comments on manga, forums, stats, rating, bookmark, or spoiler tag.

Contributor
A line of code that was addressed in the previous topic is still present in other pages:

Code:
let post_id = $(event.relatedTarget).data('post-id');

If this let is changed to var in every site template where the line appears, I believe it will fix most of your problems. If this is important to you, try bringing a developer/s attention to this post/thread.

Dex-chan lover
@Jordick
Wow iPad 2. That’s old. My mom still has a ipad 1 though no one uses it anymore.
iPad mini is also old. My brother has one but he can only watch videos on YouTube. Safari is so fu*king slow on it. It crashes a crap ton, like every 2 minutes. (Sry for rant)
I understand why you don’t want to read it on your phone. (Screen too small.)
And mobile (tablet) is more comfortable to read on.
Maybe try to use Chrome? If you can still download Chrome, that is.

Also DDoS attacks are more violent on computer with my experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread