STOP! PIRACY - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Man for fuck's sake the mangaka has zero clue why piracy even exist. Sure there will be always a minority who will always pirate shit. But for most of us piracy is more about acessibility. To quote Gabe Newell: "Piracy isn't a money issue - it's a service issue" and it has been proven time and time and time again people will gladly buy official releases and products if there is an approriate offer.

Take the jujutsu kaisen manga, there is literally a free official manga website for people to read, but because of John W(more like L)erry's eregious translation, people still prefer TCB scans.

Group Leader
4cbpcs.png

Dex-chan lover
Well. It's... certainly an issue that merits discussion and potential remedies.

I propose a counter-manga initiated by Mangadex to explain the other side.

Then an anime by Trigger that joins both.

And then a fansub torrent special edition release for collectors.

Dex-chan lover
Man for fuck's sake the mangaka has zero clue why piracy even exist. Sure there will be always a minority who will always pirate shit. But for most of us piracy is more about acessibility. To quote Gabe Newell: "Piracy isn't a money issue - it's a service issue" and it has been proven time and time and time again people will gladly buy official releases and products if there is an approriate offer.
Try to buy a complete theme box set of Dragon Ball manga in spanish like the english version has challenge: impossible.

2 years ago CR blocked accounts of Russian and Belarussian users and stole their money. I don't think these users will ever give a s##t about piracing.
Many other "legal" services just don't work in a lot of countries.
PS: it's funny, but I paid the biggest money ($50) to pirates who were translating Spice and Wolf LN 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Group Leader
What isn't being taken into account with most comments is realizing that this is most likely referring and focusing on Piracy in Japan (as it is a JAPANESE manga). Where the matter of service is not quite the same as a person consuming manga outside of Japan. One also has to take into account the difference in culture surrounding piracy in Japan compared to other places.

The authors that participated in this most likely don't know about the hoops people have to jump through to watch anime and read manga outside of Japan.

It should be obvious how I feel about piracy considering im on this site.

Dex-chan lover
What isn't being taken into account with most comments is realizing that this is most likely referring and focusing on Piracy in Japan (as it is a JAPANESE manga). Where the matter of service is not quite the same as a person consuming manga outside of Japan. One also has to take into account the difference in culture surrounding piracy in Japan compared to other places.

The authors that participated in this most likely don't know about the hoops people have to jump through to watch anime and read manga outside of Japan.

It has been demonstrated time and time again people pirate because they don't have the money, they don't have legal access to content they want or the offers are shitty and/or overpriced. And piracy in general is coming back worldwide after streaming services and a lot of triple A game producers decided to do shitty and overpriced services and products. So I guess there must be trouble in paradise too, even if they conceptualize piracy differently. Or this is just a run of the mill PSA, but given the trend lately I don't think that's the case.

Fed-Kun's army

Take the jujutsu kaisen manga, there is literally a free official manga website for people to read, but because of John W(more like L)erry's eregious translation, people still prefer TCB scans.
I think you guys are missing a valid theory: the publisher put a gun to authors head and forced him to make this

Absolutely however as long as I get Dr slump (1970's) anime fully dubbed or subbed I'm desperate for that one we are literally begging you toei.

Users who are viewing this thread