STOP! PIRACY

Lmao this actually made me log in for the first time in years. If you want to tamp down on piracy then do some of this stuff.
Provide decent translations instead of warmed over drek on par with some of the laziest MTL fanlators.
Have trust in the consumer and don't censor the violence or sexuality to "protect" our oh so sensitive foreign values.
Don't let localizers change things to the extreme to "protect" their own oh so sensitive values.
Provide actual access to manga in a way that doesn't screw over the consumer OR creator.
Provide high quality digital images of the manga as well as physical copies for the bigger series.
Take risks and translate interesting stuff instead of the sure win generic Shonen/Shojo or big buzz series.
Actually complete series instead of just dropping them because they don't generate massive buzz.
Actually provide people a decent alternative with diverse series and subjects for a fair price to access as well as a decent kickback to the mangaka and you might just convince people to stop pirating

Dex-chan lover
Uploading an anti-piracy manga on a piracy manga site lolololol

Unfortunately, it's thanks to piracy that manga/anime can grow so big worldwide and Japanese publishers acknowledge that it's a double edged sword. I'm starting to buy physical volumes to support my favs tho and also because internet uploads are transient can disappear any time

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Japanese authors and publishers, for decades now: "No, stop scanlation, it's bad! It's piracy and it harms the original works!"
Japanese author and publishers since a few years ago: "Wow, when we give official translations with some free chapters, we can reach western audiences and our titles become popular there even before getting officially licensed!"

No shit :huh:
Either give us something official like good guy Manga+ (And not some USA only bullshit for god sakes :notlikethis: ) or let the fans do the job and use that to check how popular your titles are! :qq:

Dex-chan lover
Lmao this actually made me log in for the first time in years. If you want to tamp down on piracy then do some of this stuff.
Provide decent translations instead of warmed over drek on par with some of the laziest MTL fanlators.
Have trust in the consumer and don't censor the violence or sexuality to "protect" our oh so sensitive foreign values.
Don't let localizers change things to the extreme to "protect" their own oh so sensitive values.
Provide actual access to manga in a way that doesn't screw over the consumer OR creator.
Provide high quality digital images of the manga as well as physical copies for the bigger series.
Take risks and translate interesting stuff instead of the sure win generic Shonen/Shojo or big buzz series.
Actually complete series instead of just dropping them because they don't generate massive buzz.
Actually provide people a decent alternative with diverse series and subjects for a fair price to access as well as a decent kickback to the mangaka and you might just convince people to stop pirating
Was about to type something similar. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Group Leader
So glad this got uploaded for free on the internet, now the message can reach a further audience. And that message is that Piracy is based as hell.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's pretty clear that these people don't understand that the only way that we ever would have heard of these mangaka in the US is through illegal websites. It's obviously targeting the Japanese audience. That being said, don't they have libraries in Japan like the US? Is reading a manga at the library piracy too? People like owning physical copies, that will always exist. The reason that e-readers didn't become a smashing success like people originally thought is testament to that. People like physical books.

I also can tell this is obviously not targeting American readers, saying you can buy it for 500 yen. That's like less that $4. Digital copies of manga here cost like $8 minimum. Fuck I went to buy Iruma yesterday and they have upped physical copies to like $13 each, the cheapest being $10 from whoever does Frieren, bless them. Seven seas and Kondasha are especially bad at making overly expensive manga. And then you have the quality of the copy as toilet bound hinako shows the worst paper quality on the planet, and finally some series that we have to hope for the anime to do well for us to ever see in this country (like maidens, mysteries and mommy milkers mysterious disappearences.) Or we can just get the fierce mononokean or Kong ming that are licenced but will never print. Or oli oli soup that I know will never ever get a translation and I can't even buy on Japanese Amazon.

This is also just manga, I haven't even gotten to the cesepool that is light novel translations. Holy fuck, they have the nerve to charge $18 a book for some twilight level English at best and then have like 10 volumes. We don't even get pay per chapter aspect that drives that market in Japan, only unfiltered crap

Just ranting because I spend a lot on manga in English and japanese and still don't have what I want and rely on "illegal sites" I know I'm preaching to the choir. Whatever, we should ask people if they like Shakespeare because we never would have it if some early pirates didn't sit in a play and write the words down

Last edited:
Supporter
Prices can even be worse in some European countries. Not only most mangas that dont have an anime too are never translated, but those that are usually cost more 14-17 euros per volume. And unless they are a huge sucess, publishers just abandon them and the only way to get the rest of the story is from webs like this.
I was buying all books of the second series of Lone Wolf and Cub but the last two books were never published. And none of the others I read here have even started to be translated, though maybe some will be after they got an anime this year.
It´s not about money, I´m willing to to support this place because the mangas I want to read are HERE, not in the bookshops.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yea except for the part where most manga don't have an official translation and/or not available for purchase not to mention that even if a work does eventually get brought over the artists and authors probably only get a dime with with each copy sold.

Users who are viewing this thread