STOP! PIRACY

Contributor
Fundamentally and obviously correct (given you believe in intellectual property), but very repetitive.

Dex-chan lover
Oh I'm sure it WILL make HUGE difference.
From people not buying the manga but reading it online
To people not buying the manga and not reading it online mostly because they don't even know the title exist

Dex-chan lover
Piracy is and always a service issue

When people can't get the goods they wanted in the quality and service they wanted(affordable price, accurate translation, up to date, quality translation, etc), they will always switch to those that can give what they wanted.

So unless that happened, piracy would always exist.

Also the sheer irony that despite the message it wanted to convey, this manga are not received to those that need it due to.....back again, service issue

Dex-chan lover
In a perfect world what we get is a quality product that we can get without hassle and for a fair price. Manga has none of these through official channels in the west.
If volumes really cost 2-4 dollars like the manga says they do, I would buy them. However I am not going to pay 10-15 dollars per volume, especially when it's censored to hell and has a shit translation or whatever the "localizer" decided to replace things with. Or better yet, you "buy" it digitally and your access gets pulled later when the storefront removes it.

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, I agree with the message, I am aware that many pirate sites steal managaka's AND translators' work, inundate their pages with ads, and profit from others' efforts. At least MangaDex is non-profit, credits the translators, and directs readers to official translation websites when available.

On the other hand, I would support manga artists more often if they had a Patreon or another direct way to receive money. When I see the author of Berserk passing away for being too busy to take care of himself, Oda complaining about deadlines and lack of sleep, and the author of Hunter x Hunter suffering severe health issues and unable to work due to the strain of his past work, I feel that supporting them by buying from publishers doesn't help change the system. I would prefer a more direct approach, like with Webtoon, where the author receives income directly from the readers and can set their own deadlines and schedules. The current manga publishing system is predatory, and unless you're part of the big three publishers' monopoly, your chances of success are minimal. Even if you are part of the big three, you'll be forced to work under extreme conditions, and if your manga isn't attracting enough attention, it might get axed.

Dex-chan lover
Archiving the score of 5.81:
oDfAVNt.png

Users who are viewing this thread