Stop using Romaji as the default for titles :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weebs go out for a drink, one is Spanish and the other is Thai. Then they start talking about manga and what not.

The spanish fellow: Did you read that hit WSJ series, Guardianes De La Noche ?
The thai fellow: The fuck is that? Anyways, did you watch that popular anime from 2019, ดาบพิฆาตอสูร เล่ม?
The spanish fellow: The fuck is that?
The thai fellow: Wait, wait... what's the JP name of the series you mentioned?
The spanish fellow: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
The thai fellow: Ooooh, I was talking about the same series!
The spanish fellow: Ooooh!

Couple of seats away, one American weeb is having a similar conversation with another French weeb.

The american fellow: What do you think about My Dress-Up Darling?
The french fellow: The fuck is that? Forget that, did I tell you before about this one series that has such a hilarious name?
The american fellow: No, what is it?
The french fellow: Sexy Cosplay Doll.
The american fellow: The fuck is that? What's the OG name?
The french fellow: Sono Bisque Doll or something.
The american fellow: Ooooh, I was talking about the same series!
The french fellow: Ooooh!

THE END

Dex-chan lover
Two weebs go out for a drink, one is Spanish and the other is Thai
@Richman and @pandascepter

Couple of seats away, one American weeb is having a similar conversation with another French weeb.
@bigtiddyoneesan and @BlackGeneral

XUobUAX.gif

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Lmao you got the nationalities wrong.

an american weeb wouldnt talk to a french weeb because the french weeb is busy setting cars on fire in one of their daily protests while dressed as fat sailor moon

Dex-chan lover
the french weeb is busy setting cars on fire in one of their daily protests while dressed as fat sailor moon
This is my headcanon for what BlackGeneral has really been up to.

@Richman
You speak Spanish, so your nationality is Spanish. That's how it works because we said so.

As a piece of personal advice: change your profile pic, pal. At least, if you want to be taken seriously.

Honestly it feels like this is the major point of contention here. The community is so insular that someone coming to post a suggestion is treated with hostility for not being "one of the regulars" in regards to forum activity. I come here to read manga, not chat in the forum. This isn't the general forum either, this is suggestions.

Dex-chan lover
@xyagerx
When someone submits a suggestion (or any post, really), users read it and respond accordingly.

If a default pfp user acts rudely, the defaultbro memeing is done after the fact. Don't misconstrue the reason why your posts were treated with hostility.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it feels like this [profile picture] is the major point of contention here. (...) I come here to read manga, not chat in the forum. This isn't the general forum either, this is suggestions.
Calm down, OP. Literally only one poster even mentioned profile pictures and nobody even mentioned General Forums.

Group Leader
This thread could have gone in a more positive direction, lol. Don't take it too seriously, OP, some of these people are pulling your leg.

But then again, maybe I should make a thread that advises people to change profile picture first before they post. X3

Dex-chan lover
Yo this still going?
I got a new past time of watching people dying in a game, now i might not have enough time to make fun of stupid people.

But then i reread this entire, i think i got what the gist of op means.

@xyagerx
Are you suggesting to people -namely uploaders, contributors, group leaders, and such to stop putting romaji as "default" title?
If so, you are in a wrong board. Go to manga forum or something. this suggestion thread is a thread for suggesting suggestion for this site to devs.
Why can't the devs do it? because they're busy people doing their own thing and also the soontm coming v5, they don't have the time to change every title to your preference.

if not, then you should read all the replies here. ought be smarten you.

if not, then you should read all the replies here. ought be smarten you.

The only thing to learn from the replies to this thread for me was that this place is a massive circle jerk similar to r/politics and it is a complete waste of space to even have a board dedicated to suggestions on this site because of it.

Group Leader
@hazzack Uh, dude... You're just antagonizing him unnecessarily right now.

french weeb is busy setting cars on fire in one of their daily protests while dressed as fat sailor moon

Ah, so they are similar to their American counterpart.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't the default title, the title for the language of the group that originally uploaded the manga, and set up it's index page?
Is OP bashing all the Chinese groups posting new manga on the site? Would it even make sense to post it with a title the group's target audience can't read from the start? 🤔

Also I agree this is more of a issue to bring up to the groups uploading the content, rather then a topic to bash the already overworked Devs, and staff over. Ready to start campaigning in favor of google translate engrish titles for all manga regardless of languages the chapters are uploaded in? 😗

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread