Sugar Girl · Drip - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - The Two, Together

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 23, 2018
Messages
454
Well I suppose they do have a subreddit dedicated to watching ppl die don’t think they profit over it but other than it being hard to tell apart from extreme porn vids I would expect some of the fbi to get involved unless they don’t care if adults are mistreated (well the main girls here might tech be minors but still )
I don't remember if Aki's age has been mentioned but Marie is a college student
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 20, 2023
Messages
17,184
I don't remember if Aki's age has been mentioned but Marie is a college student
Ah right tho an adult being assaulted is still shitty , altho given the tension I’m surprised they’ve only killed one person guess it’s good that guy didn’t have lackeys behind him too that they’d need to get rid of
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Messages
3,213
He posted them on Twitter?! @grok what the fuck
I mean you're not wrong but i assume stuff like these would go on the dark web, unless the JP side of twitter has some unhinged vids that go up unfiltered and such
I don't want to say too much but Twitter is actually a fucked up play for these kind of things.... Even outside public accounts.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
May 26, 2020
Messages
764
Note for the beginning of the chapter and the likely reason Marie is so flustered by the earrings: there’s a myth that, in the 80ies, wearing a sole left earring was known as a “gay ear”, a subtle dogwhistle to signal that the person is gay and only seeking same-sex partners.

I say myth because it’s inconclusive if this is actually true or not, but there is also a chance that the claims of it being a myth comes from anti-gay sources.

I don’t want to risk perpetuating attempts at queer erasure, so I’m leaving either possibility open to interpretation. With this, you have enough info to be able to do your own research and reach your own conclusions.


Whatever the case, queer manga (and possibly queer communities) in Japan tend to pick up on western trends and myths like these and adopt them. So if you see a character in a manga really highlighting that they wear their earring only in the left ear, chances are it’s a deliberate and subtle signal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top