Sugar Meets Girl! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I know I might get some fire for saying this, but since this is a Kirara manga it makes me wonder if it really is yuri, since most of their works just never get anywhere at all and this mangaka never did yuri to boot.

Admittedly, Kirara seems to be changing that a little and have more full-on yuri works lately, but I still can't help but feel like the GL tag might be a mistake unless there's more raw chapters and translator knows for a fact this is yuri.
And I mean  really confirm it is yuri, no "this is super gay but didn't get anywhere yet" yuri.

Last edited:
Group Leader
I know I might get some fire for saying this, but since this is a Kirara manga it makes me wonder if it really is yuri, since most of their works just never get anywhere at all and this mangaka never did yuri to boot.

Admittedly, Kirara seems to be changing that a little and have more full-on yuri works lately, but I still can't help but feel like the GL tag might be a mistake unless there's more raw chapters and translator knows for a fact this is yuri.
And I mean  really confirm it is yuri, no "this is super gay but didn't get anywhere yet" yuri.
For one, its tagged as yuri on ComicFuz, so...

Dex-chan lover
For one, its tagged as yuri on ComicFuz, so...
Well, I'm cynical and paranoid, so a part of me can't help but fear for the worst, still, fact that they tagged it as Yuri is definitely a good sign.
At least I hope so, nowadays Yuri and GL are basically synonymous, so it's unlikely they would tag it as Yuri when its just really close friendship like supposedly happened a few times long ago.
So I guess now it's more of a question if it won't disappoint in the long run.

Anyway, thanks @rosmontis0706, knowing it's tagged as yuri is a little reassuring.
Though I'm still gonna expect the worst just to be safe, I just can't trust mangakas anymore, and I'm not talking just about yuri :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
From the looks of it. Mochizuki will become an Ane san from a large yakuza family after she finishes high school. Sato becoming the "patriarch"/matriarch is a given.

Dex-chan lover
LOL. Having a cute girlfriend that's also a fellow foodie might be trouble but these 2 are too cute! More please! Thanks for the translations!

Aggregator gang
"strict family policy" what a strange way to call parental abuse

BTW these 2 would make me die of sugar overload one of these days

Dex-chan lover
well considering the degree of unprotected handholding they engaged in the previous chapter I just hope Mito is ready to take responsbility when Kanna starts showing signs of their first born. Also its only Ch.2 and they already took part in lewd phone touching? In most other yuri JK romcoms they don't get to that stage in their in relationship until Vol.4 talk about couple goals.

Dex-chan lover
If they add a gym then you'll have a crossover with Hibiki of Danberu nan Kilo Moteru but full yuri.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader

This runs in Manga Time Kirara Forward. It's the non-4koma mag from MTK. It's much more unabashedly gay than the 4koma MTK mags. After all, Anemone in Heat runs in MTK Forward and THAT manga is so gay, I at first thought it was running in Yuri Hime...

Dex-chan lover
This runs in Manga Time Kirara Forward. It's the non-4koma mag from MTK. It's much more unabashedly gay than the 4koma MTK mags. After all, Anemone in Heat runs in MTK Forward and THAT manga is so gay, I at first thought it was running in Yuri Hime...
I'm honestly surprised Anemone in Heat was from Kirara, it certainly felt like Yuri Hime stuff, I hope Kirara increases their Yuri, I mostly ignored their stuff cause I always expected it to be super bait.

Dex-chan lover
At this rate coming out as gay will be less of a big deal than being honest about their eating habits (and personalities 😉).

Users who are viewing this thread