Suicide Boy

@PsychoJing One of the main plotlines in the manga is the protagonist coming to terms with and dealing with his depression. Considering that there is a certain need for comedy, or happiness/normality, in the comic despite the depressing subject matter.

After all this isn't a story about a boy's downward spiral into depression, that part has already happened. Instead it is about the slow and gruelling task of getting out of it.

Dex-chan lover
@Orange_Orange Yeah, i get that comedy is needed for such a heavy topic like depression, but the "comedy" part is him cutting himself and telling us he wants to die whenever he fails, thats not funny................( this type of "comedy" has been less prevalent in recent chapters so i'm over it).

As far as your second point, I agree! Its great to seem him work his way through it.

"but the "comedy" part is him cutting himself and telling us he wants to die whenever he fails, thats not funny....."

Actually I think the "comedy" part was watching him get his hopes up for extremely small things, like eating tonkatsu. Only to have his hopes crushed

Sort of a schadenfreude type comedy, existing in how absurdly bad his life is at every turn. Then a bit further it shifts into comedy about how bad he is at social interactions with the people helping him.

To be honest, minus the attempted suicides, I can actually relate to the character a bit. Following around the one person that actually gave you the time of day, regardless of how they feel about you following them.

Senpai will notice me, one day.

Contributor
I'm kinda gay for Hooni. In that I'd take him home, wrap him in a blanket burrito, and tell him everything is going to be alright. The fact that he looks good in a skirt don't hurt none.

Dex-chan lover
Just visited this artist's patreon and it's amazing how easy it is to tell what kind of pervert an artist is even when there's nothing explicitly sexual in the comic they've made.

Funny series. Hope more gets translated. I like reading this since Watamote doesn't update that often.

Dex-chan lover
hm? why is ch. 29 translated when the chapters before that aren't? well i'll be waiting patiently. it's a fun read overall, not really a fan of the artist's perversion though

Group Leader
@owlette Maybe you’ve known already, but chapter 29 doesn’t have any text to be translated, so the scanlator uploaded it first

Group Leader
Old Xian should really do a yaoi version of this, it’d be hilarious.

In terms of character design, basically the MC from 'Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!', except a guy

@gum_rummy he's super cute asian boi himself so I can forgive him

http://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=otokonokozuma&no=80233&s_type=search_name&s_keyword=%EB%B0%95%EC%A7%80&page=1

this is he

Just wanted to say, this is the best hero name I have heard of. So sad to find out that his attempts to kill himself arn't saving thousands.
Either way it wouldn't be my cup of tea though.

I just checked Lezhin, seems like this webtoon series ended a couple months ago. Pub status should be updated.

Group Leader
Damn my sensitive heterosexuality... i sooo want to lewd Hoon, my trap senses are on full alert.

Users who are viewing this thread