Suicide Girl - Vol. 3 Ch. 9

@BobTheSkrull is bullying even a thing outside of manga/anime and American movies? From kindergarten till uni, I never saw or heard about episodes of bullying. Even the most antisocial kid was left alone and talking behind someone's back was the worst that could happen, but that's it.

Dex-chan lover
@Markipopo It is. A lot less of the "give me your lunch money" nowadays and more general harassment, especially online (which isn't to say there isn't physical violence, it's just not the only thing anymore). I went to a better school that both cracked down on it and did a good job of getting extroverts to help out introverts, and I still saw some cases of bullying (including one where a Jewish kid was harassed and accused of being Satan).

Dex-chan lover
@Markipopo You and your classmates were exceptionally lucky, because bullying is very real and very damaging. I was picked on all throughout school, kindergarten though twelfth grade. In my case because it was mostly other girls the bullying was less physical assaults and more emotional attacks. Let me tell you, fake rumors spread about you can make school life sheer hell. Especially when they're believed and you get attacked by others because of them. (Such as the boyfriend of a girl believing false rumors that said you said shit about his girlfriend behind her back and coming after you to punish you for it.)

On the other hand a male friend of mine had the bullying turn into physical assaults once we got to junior high. He was in about a dozen fights in seventh grade, none of which he started. He also won them all, which wasn't entirely a good thing. Because the bully was embarrassed by losing, he'd gather up a bunch of his buddies and they'd try to attack the guy after school. Bullies don't play fair. (Fortunately the teachers and staff knew what was up and would make sure he was allowed to leave early until the bullies gave up.)

Thank you so very much for picking up and translating this series.
It's such a great story to me. From the characters, to the art style and the topics.

Also, those last couple of pages tho, the feels!!

Aggregator gang
@BobTheSkrull is bullying even a thing outside of manga/anime and American movies? From kindergarten till uni, I never saw or heard about episodes of bullying. Even the most antisocial kid was left alone and talking behind someone's back was the worst that could happen, but that's it.
As someone who got bullied in school from primary till middle school, yes, yes it does happen

Dex-chan lover
Ooooooooh big time.

Users who are viewing this thread