Suicide Parabellum - Ch. 10

Double-page supporter
The one thing I'm really confused about is why we switched Chihaya's. Also, what was up with the little dog thing anyways? It was also a person?

Dex-chan lover
part of me wants to see a detailed diagram explaining every layer and marking out each loop, but another part of me realizes that's missing the point. It's about the surreal ride, and these 10 chapters were a helluva ride.

Group Leader
huh....this is the second work where making and breaking a cycle (alongside love) plays a major motif in dowman sayman's story. his other work being Melancholia

@whoamiagain if by dog thing you mean the little black gremlin thing, he was also the fake ouka the whole time. thats why he had the power to go through different layers.

Contributor
Classic Dowman Sayman ending, such great little series mmm...

Dex-chan lover
@leonmancer

It may, in a sense, be a spoiler, but in most cases of completed series, the synopsis page indicates that publication of the series has completed, and shows how many chapters there were.

Without such information, one would of course guess the number of chapters largely based upon the expected nature of the conclusion and the number of chapters needed to reach it. I don't know what I would have guessed.

I'm kinda mixed on this story as a whole in terms or how it handled its plot threads, but the overall premise was cool, and this ending especially. The moment Ouka said "I'll see you as much as I possibly can" I was thinking that she didn't seem to have learned the proper lesson from that whole ordeal. I kinda expected she was going to get one final lecture to live her life, but nah. She disregarded the intention of the sacrifice made by an unstable construct of her own psyche and now she's lost that chance AND no longer has control.

She might still be able to get out, Chihaya might change her mind again, and it hopefully won't be too unpleasant if it's anything like their last go around. But regardless it's still nice to see that was actually portrayed as a mistake on Ouka's part, rather than the story undermining itself with its final scene.

Contributor
Huh. So the whole time Kareha was actually the real Ouka and was playing everything out as an observer.

What a twist. This was a real nonsensical ride; it sure won't be forgotten anytime soon.

What a great nonsensical, thoughtful masterpiece of a manga. Thanks a lot for the translations guys.

Dex-chan lover
Reading this chapter and thinking about final score: 9, 9, 9, 10, 9, 9, 10, final - 10, it's masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
@VF89 I don't think he's smoking anything, it's just that Sayman Dowman is a tad insane. (Or maybe more than a tad.)

I'm glad I waited for the translations to complete to read this. It was confusing enough reading all at once, reading it over the course of months would have been way too confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread