Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

this is soo pure and cute! and i relate so hard with bad eyesight. Without glasses or contacts i would be reading like an inch away from the pages lol

ok thats good and all, but how bad is her eyesight?
i got -4.25 but can see that much. really makes me wonder

Dex-chan lover
As someone who wears glasses 24/7 minus sleep and shower, this is insulting. So much of this is wrong.
You don't go blind from not wearing glasses. Her getting to the school isn't anything to be surprised by.
As a student you really should be able to recognize your textbooks by size and colour. And if you can't read the huge title, what exactly is your plan once you find the right textbook? The only thing I can think of is leaving the book open to not arouse teacher's suspicion.
If just squinting isn't enough to be able to read text, facehugging the book won't help, you need light and a specific distance from the text. Also some precise squinting or even lack thereof.
How do you even forget glasses with vision that poor? You'd notice something is amiss five seconds after getting out of bed without putting the glasses on.
You wouldn't be constantly squinting if it doesn't help (which, here, obviously doesn't), it's a lot of stress on your eyes.
Failing to recognize a classmate by their voice and silhouette, as well as their desk's position (granted, this is used for a hilarious tm gag moments later), is very unusual. It definitely doesn't look like the year just started and they're all complete strangers.
Also trying to recognize someone by squinting at them point blank is hilarious in a very bad way.
And she should know all of that since this isn't her first time forgetting her glasses.
I guess this can pass as "so bad it's good" to some people, but to me all those details ruin any immersion I could've had.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Aggregator gang
Am glasses wearer, can relate.
But am male, so also can't relate (unless someone thought I was cute without them =v=)
PS: I even broke my glasses once at school when I was cleaning them, and the middle cracked in half, don't ask me how (._. ) I then spent days without being able to see clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread