Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Diversion Strategy

Double-page supporter
@blizzaraetx they did have a advanced magitech with shield see the rumored ancient that looks like angels and a city continent like atlantis and did warped out of this world.

Dex-chan lover
Just me or the chopper should have quite a few instruments damaged even if still able to fly ? Usually atack choppers are not designed to tank dragon fireballs

To those who haven’t read the LN/WB versions here’s a little tip:

It's not that this world the magic level is underpowered, rather it is this country magic that it's underpowered

This world nation magic/technology level can be measured like this:

Tier 1: Pre-WW1/WW1 level

Tier 2: Napoleonic wars era level

Tier 3: Early to late middle age level (early- no cannons/late- cannons)

Fed-Kun's army
@rrolo1 shield > amor

A big shield can tank amor piercing bolts so the decision isnt completly wrong^^ and if the shiels were a bit bigger it might even work^^ but then it would be heavy

Fed-Kun's army
@rrolo1

The Lourdians doesn't know that. They thought the JGSDF is weak because up until this point of the war the Japanese have only used the Navy & Airforce.

The Lourdians thought that they have a weak army. These are medieval times. Information are not readily available plus this country specifically is on the lower end of an kingdom. You would know this if you read it thoroughly

@Bluedudu I think you mean a thicker shield (better if it was laminated with composote materials). Those are 12.7mm rounds from M2 browning and the tank we see is 90式戦車 Kyū-maru-shiki-sensha, an MBT from Japan. The distance between them is <300m and the guy is essentially standing like a wall (good for piercing). So no it wouldn’t realistically, if you‘ve seen some videos about the MG, it gets the job done.

My work here is done •̀.̫•́✧

@rrolo1

Mate, ever heard of culture shock? I mean if you ever paying attention to history, cases like this happened quite few times...
E.g. France and UK, with the development of artillery, powerful naval forces, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
As expected of Artorias great shield, 80 stability is nothing to fuck with.

Dex-chan lover
too bad it wasn't shown if the hero's shield got pierced by the ah-1 or he got hit from the side of the shield... also, i didnt see the ah64, just the ah1...

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised that actually tanked the bullets, then again that's from the ancient tech civilization that disappeared so it's likely pretty durable.

@entity_101 Ah that would explain why they actually found some oil wells on their scouting missions in earlier chapters, I knew that was a hint that there was actually an advanced civ there (though didn't expect just till that era). Interesting, so that means there's actually progression on eras here like Civ then. Though if Tier 1's the highest then that would mean Japan would still be the most technologically advanced country on that world then, though with Magic existing here it might prove a chance if they somehow mix magic with that tech.

Supporter
@RyoukoKonpaku In all honesty, I don't really know what real life metal would equal the absurdness of that man's shield. It has to be freaking unobtanium to be honest. To be light weight enough that some fragile looking housewife could hoist it up. Let alone deal with what I'm going to assume is 50 cal machine gun bullets.

Dex-chan lover
@Bahamut_Blitz depends on what country.. most first world countries (most, not all) have enough warfare and technology to invade the other world. Some like US, I think will be aggressive. Perhaps, even showing off nuclear power.
I imagine the wizard or mage or whatever will wet their pants in fear if they witnessing nuclear explosion.

@razxiko

Read the previous chapter. Seriously, they outright state that they know that their armor doesn't have a chance ( and they know it from the recovered armor of their failed knight charge in the previous morning ). The issue is that their boneheaded plan was to use the heavy infantry to distract the Japanese while they charged with their heavy cav ( from the same gates, apparently ) ... and this without any recon on the enemy. Stupid, just stupid.

@Clown333

Interestingly, they never suffered that culture shock in the previous battles, where their captains and generals were always at least competent and level headed, being only beaten by sheer technological superiority.

Ok, maybe these ones are less smart than the ones in the original front...

Dex-chan lover
If the shield alone can tank those bullets, then the ancient civ is definitely gonna be a hell of a fight.

@rrolo1

What can I say, the ones who usually know how to fight and use tactics are usually the ones who always see it at the front. The general might be too used to giving commands from the back and hearing only victory stories.

Users who are viewing this thread