Support Box

Dex-chan lover
If I am already supporting, why doesn't the support box go away? It right in the middle of everything

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Also in case that is what's missing: you need to link your NamiComi account to your MangaDex account afterwards, otherwise we have no way to know what MD account to give the role to.
You can do so on your user page: https://mangadex.org/user/me

And if you had linked it prior to subscribing, you can click the refresh button next to your connection line, like so, to force it to re-check:
1714083746469.png

Dex-chan lover
it should have gone away automatically; atm it seems that due to a bug on our interface code, it can take up to 15 minutes to detect that you gained the supporter role
if it persists after that time, let us know
I started the support the 1st day it began, I can't remember if it has been a week or two. But it does kinda get annoying. Thanks

Dex-chan lover
Also in case that is what's missing: you need to link your NamiComi account to your MangaDex account afterwards, otherwise we have no way to know what MD account to give the role to.

And if you had linked it prior to subscribing, you can click the refresh button next to your connection line, like so, to force it to re-check:
View attachment 2015
Thanks, upon investigating my profile I saw that the accounts were not linked. I remember linking them when I started the subscription. The ribbon at the top is still there that says We need your support

View attachment 2015
Never mind, the pop-up box doesn't show anymore, I presume that the issue has been fixed by dev team.

Last edited:
Supporter

View attachment 2015
This! I started supporting yesterday and was wondering why I'm still seeing the banner.
Since I'm usually not to hot on linking my other social media platforms I ended up completely ignoring the option.

Not sure if I just ended up missing it, but a notification after completing the payment process seems like a good idea.
And maybe pin this with a bit more detailed thread name?

In any case, I'm in now for the long run as an supporter.
MangaDex is a beaut that needs to stay. o7

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Donations are done via NamiComi (stripe is the payment processor) so you would need to ask them about that if it's an issue for you.
There definitely is a confirmation email on NamiComi side; my guess is they expected one directly from MangaDex as well (which we can't do currently, since we don't know that someone donated until they link their account).

Contributor
There definitely is a confirmation email on NamiComi side; my guess is they expected one directly from MangaDex as well (which we can't do currently, since we don't know that someone donated until they link their account).
Hmm fair, I didn't even give that a thought because the linking of accounts is optional.

Users who are viewing this thread