Surviving as a Maid - Ch. 3

Ok how can 2 people with dominant traits ( Black hair ) can have a blonde hair son well if they are both heterozygous dominant (Lets say B for black a dominant trait and b for blonde a recessive trait if ur using Mendels principle in genetics so Bb) and cross their genes to Bbx Bb it would be 1/4 for the recessive trait to appear so there is a lower chance for that to happen and if both parents are homozygous dominant or if one of the parent is homozygous dominant it will still be black hair (the offspring after crossing) so I think the mother did it with a blondie one ( The king's mistress I assume) for that thing to happen( Blonde haired son) applying Mendels Principle in Genetics Law of Dominance.

Oh wow, is the kid the King's? Or the concubine's? And like, how can they take away a child from their mother? Wow I wonder how he'd be as a ruler, like if he likes something, will he just pass a new law that it belongs to him or something? And kind hearted my arse, that blonde is among the fake kind you blind king. Argh, just adopt a kid instead of torturing an innocent woman you selfish jerk.

if the blonde concubine was the one preventing her (the queen) from being able to do things cause he was jealous.....i have a bad feeling for why the baby has blonde hair. cause black hair plus black hair doesn’t equal blonde....

Wow, so the king and his concubine were completely enamored with each other while the queen simply provided an heir then kindly and quietly lived in isolation until she died. Assuming it was a romance novel, what's the conflict in the relationship between the main characters? In fact, was there any conflict in the story at all? What's the plot? As it stands, this isn't even a good premise for a novel. I don't see how anyone from her world could like it.

This plot is already intense, and I feel sad for the queen.

Thank you for the chapters, will look forward to the upcoming ones too.😊

Fed-Kun's army
@nohabody Woudn't the queen's existence itself the conflict? She is a female and the third party in the main couple's relationship. Not to mention the legal spouse and mother of the king's child.

Supporter
Really hoping this story features a coup 'd'etat with the king and lover getting hanged over the castle gate. Especially the lover, which is giving me similar vibes to the manipulative cousin from "The Duchess With An Empty Soul".

@nohabody
Yeah I agree. Hmm maybe it's a good revenge story?! Otherwise it's a pree disgusting plot...oppressing the poor queen

@maddery She may legally be his spouse but she accepted all the restrictions the king imposed on her to get her out of the way and while she was the mother of the child, the child was taken away from her without any problems. How can her existence be a conflict to the main couple when she kindly and quietly stays out of the way of their relationship?

@Asbolus Agreed. If the main character was the queen taking revenge on/breaking free of the king and his concubine's oppression, there I can see a story for a novel. With the king and his concubine for main characters...There doesn't seem to be anything but gay love time at the expense of the queen.

Aggregator gang
Is there gonna be a reverse harem for the maid

https://twitter.com/spoon_1122/status/1013277605762555904

As much as I love BL, I pity the queen so much. It must hurt like hell, the male concubine can honestly have the king idc BUT DON'T TAKE AWAY THE CHILD FROM HIS MOTHER! Ik the queen felt empty even after giving birth but the child could be her reason to live. I just hope the FL helps/befriends the queen and she could change things in the story.

wow that was intense but seriously I feel like puking..... The concubine's actions are just damn..

That’s sad. I like bl but I don’t want them to be hateful or to have negative actions toward females :((

Fed-Kun's army
@nohabody Well this chapter did mentioned that she is the conflict in the relationship. The main couple is happy, but the queen is a thorn to them just by existing. So what if she accepted those restrictions. She still occupy the king's position as legal spouse. Maybe you didn't see that as conflict?

Fed-Kun's army
@maddery @nohabody
It's simply a case in which this concubine is very greedy I think he's jealous of the queen and since he is jealous there will never be a sense of security for the queen while living... I say this because the king obviously only cares for Yurigel and if Yurigel is displeased, whatever displeases him must be removed and he cannot remove the queen technically so he makes her as scarce in existence as possible.
Very possible that the child has blonde hair because the author doesn't know genetics or it was a case that Yuribastard and the queen had sex... And i believe it's the latter. The bastard king probably wanted a child that looked like the concubine (thinking it'd please the concubine and him).
I find it very irritating got the queen doesn't care much for her baby (could just be a facade to not get attached) but I can't blame her. She definitely have no choice but to get married to this King uneven after marriage she can't even get freedom every bit of freedom she had has been stripped from her so basically she can't enjoy anything? Like damn she had to marry ur arse so why not let her live freely...
Anyway, what I meant to say is that she is the conflict in the relationship because she's an obstacle- the obstacle is that Yurigel will always be jealous of her or view her as something displeasing to the eye that can't be removed. Yurigel can't marry the king so she has what he probably always wanted.

It always irks me when people are hostile towards female characters just because they (1) are female (2) exist in the general vicinity of male characters/couples so I'm wondering how this story is going to handle the issue

the queen probably came from an influential family so why aren't any nobles saying anything, isn't there like a council or does the king have all the power

like, her family should be kicking up a fuss

Users who are viewing this thread