Surviving as a Maid

The forum for this manwha/novel is a complete shit show, so don't recommend reading it. I read the spoilers and honestly feel I need to wait it out. The Queen dies without getting avenged and the prince is actually the concubines son. Not gonna lie, was pretty disgusted because it's insinuated she was raped. TBH I will probably be dropping this.
[/spoiler]

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Well for first i cheering on queen and Ash but now i don't know anymore. The Queen is likely given up on everything (even if she is decribed as wise, i want to see some emotions or something from her) and Ash is... Doing well-
I see me in her actually, in that same situation i would do the same lol, i'm not that brave 😂

But i still hoping that yurigel and the king died tho
And the one who loves yurigel too!
Actually, just change this world of sick kind of BL into a free LGBTQ+! You can love anyone, ship anyone or just enjoy the life! Damnit!

@ Wisely-Temple wow if it is as you say, I doubt the author took Frozen Flower as inspiration, lol he may feel pitied for the king in that movie.

so like, i saw a few spoilers
and honestly i... don't actually mind that the queen never got a happy ending, or that ash doesn't do much? or that yurigel is actually just a total psycho creep with ulterior motives? in the end, ash's main goal isn't to protect or avenge the queen, or face-slap yurigel and the king, or save the second male leads-- she's just a normal 20-ish year old who somehow ended up as a maid inside a novel. there's nothing like a system forcing her to do more than what needs to be done, which is survive until the end of the novel and maybe make things a little better for herself and the others around her while she's at it. she doesn't have any cheats or halos, she's just a normal person who ended up in a novel. if i were in her shoes, i won't do anything as risky or hero-like as face-slapping or snatching golden fingers; self-preservation is strong y'know. following the set plot of the novel is a lot safer than trying to change it, and its not like the only people in the world are the main characters-- case in point her teacher and fellow maids.
i actually kinda like this, in how its realistic but not grimderp or empty wish fulfillment, kind of?
also i feel a bit conflicted about what seems to be a budding love triangle between ash, her teacher, and the knight mio. crossing my fingers and hoping for a sweet slowburn strangers-friends-lovers kinda thing with no love triangle hahaha

wait i thought mio was in love with yurigel? it feels like mio has more potential as an ML but i think the teacher will be.... less messy... also im a sucker for gentle looking men,,,

@ayokon4
The problem with all that is that all feels pretty pointless, there are plenty of stories where the characters only thought is to survive and without being op, wish fulfilling or something like that have come to be likeable, and they have come to develop relationship that make all worth it, there's nothing like a system forcing her to do more than what needs to be done, that is true, the problem with that, is that nothing stops the character to run away and have an even easier chance to live, her bonds with other characters are not strong enough to want to be there either, considering the queen dies anyways or that she returns to her own world at the end, so at the end, it does feel all pointless

read the spoiler from @Wisely-Temple and mah man, thia story is insane and I wanna know more. I'm gettimg kind of done with the cutesy, wholesome, stories I've been reading lately 😂

Users who are viewing this thread