Suterareta Tensei Kenja ~Mamono no Mori de Saikyou no Dai Mateikoku wo Tsukuriageru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Belamus's Passion

Dex-chan lover
@Dabaha
It makes sense, it is like how motor memory makes doing something wrong hard after you learned to do it correctly.

i hate the trope where a character is bad at something and is deluded that he is good, is so cringe to watch

Fed-Kun's army
@Fro5tburn
No, I agree with you. Cooking capable of murder usually goes unnoticed by the cook because they don't eat the food themselves. (Best case of this being WWW. Working!!)
It also happens in a few monster girl manga where the cooking person does taste their own food, but have no sense of taste so they find nothing weird.

In THIS case though, he's looking right at Medera and thinking his picture looks remotely like her. I know children do this because they draw and view the drawing with their imagination. But this.....is just pure delusional.

Dex-chan lover
lmao, he was so deluded by forced praise in his past life that he can't see how bad of an artist he is. That's utterly hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
Nice little side story. It's almost novel having a OP protagonist be really bad at something, and not in a "actually it's the strongest" cliche way either, double for side characters not worshipping everything he does. (Except for momma gob, but she'll always love you regardless)

Between this and having the village save itself with out interference I have high(er) hopes for this.

Dex-chan lover
I legitimately wish the entire manga was done in his art style instead of the conventional old thing we have here, even though it is slightly above average.

Dex-chan lover
@SingLove listen to what he says, he's convinced that he's painting abstract concepts, like he's found their inner essence. So it isn't bad when it doesn't look like the subject, it's just supposed to get the "image" (or feeling) across, and he's devastated that nobody else is getting it.

Everyone complaining about this being cliché but I was laughing my butt off man. This is one of the more funny situations of this happening and at least they were honest with him compared to most other stories when this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread