Suterareta Tensei Kenja ~Mamono no Mori de Saikyou no Dai Mateikoku wo Tsukuriageru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Alraune Raid

Dex-chan lover
Well... Guess evil spirit prick not only multiplied the shit out of them, he evolved them, huh?

Booo! I get that
for plot/MC/benevolent-to-a-fault/feel-good reasons they had to assimilate the elves with absolutely no consequences for the elves.
But those elves were still an invading army and would not have shown them the same consideration.
At the very least impose some restrictions or punishments on the invading army.

Fed-Kun's army
Get a large magical can of Raid and be done with it. Or melt a bunch of metal and pour it down the anthill and get a nice talking point/warning of art to show future visitors.

Dex-chan lover
Those elves have plants on their heads. Those elves have plants on their heads. Those elves have plants on their heads. What was the chapter about again?

Double-page supporter
but, like... what was the elves' plan in the first place with attacking the town when they're fleeing from demons?

Double-page supporter
@5steps I get where you're coming from, but MC made the right call. First he was a huge invading army, but they were also tired and injured from "something". Next the leader is threatening to attack them over that specific land/ castle because something has attacked the army. So the MC knows that there's something that has weakened a large force, driving the resident from their homes, and forcing them to use a temporary "fort" for another assault.MC even mentions it when he says "our problem." From there you can conclude that whatever it is, is gonna keep coming until its stopped or your dead, so its better to have as many bodies defending your territory as possible, even if that means letting a potentially invading force inside your gate. Also while imposing restrictions on the this new force would be a good idea in the long run, but right now the less grievances this force has against the territories ruler the better, as there's less chance for revolt or attack later on. MC also knows that said force is controlled by their leader, who he can effectively use as an active hostage so he can effectively control that forces as a whole. Honestly from a tactical position, I think he made all the right choices.

tl;dr: MC made choices knowing there was a greater enemy to fight, so while his choices may seem light-heaarted, from a tactical position they were probably the best he could make.

Dex-chan lover
@Sillver

Assuming you are making a reference to hunter x hunter, then not really...
at the end of the day, they are just anthropomorphic ants.

Sure they are somewhat humanoid looking, but what made chimaera ants scary was the fact they became what they did from eating and assimilating other creatures strengths.
They were actual chimaeras and not just human-looking ants.
These ants could have similar abilities, but there is nothing that suggests they do as of now.

@marcyvq

They explained it in this chapter.
They wanted the food and supplies that the city had as they were starving and lacked basic necessities, they are refugees after all.
The reason they attacked was that they had no items of value to trade for, and did not expect to be given food and shelter for free.

Honestly, they should have asked in the first place.
They lose very little from doing so even if the chance are slim that the town folk would agree.
They weren't using the surprise factor to attack, and without food, they wouldn't be able to actually siege the town anyway.
It just shows how bad the alrunes / elves leader is... but you can forgive her to some extent for not doing a good job considering she is stressed and desperate from being raided.

Ok, I need to correct this because it's bugging me.
I don't know why they TLed their race as "Forest Elves", because their race is referred to as Alraune (A race of beautiful plant women). There is literally no mention of elves in these past 2 chapters anywhere. If you google Alraune, you will get pictures of plant women. They're not even elves.
and also the name of the ant creatures in the original raws is レジオンアント(Region anto -> Legion Ant, signifying that they are an army, or you could say, a legion of ants. I have no idea where "Giant Ant" comes from, other than just the fact that they are human-sized ant people.

I will never understand why translators do this. Why not just, fuckin', leave it as it was in the original?

Contributor
All of you are talking about Chimera Ants when you’re ignoring the fact that they’re just the Antinium.

I feel like this is how communism should have worked according to Marx-sama but failed miserably irl because humans are selfish :(

Fed-Kun's army
Oh no not ants vs elves! At least it's different than the usual Orc's and Elves.
1977-Empire-of-the-Ants-Joan-Collins-and-ant-3.png

Fed-Kun's army
As a professional exterminator, I can tell you that a shitload of ants is a big, big problem. 😲
Well, time to create some magic pesticide!

Also, news species found: Sexy Cabbage Folk.

Users who are viewing this thread