Suuji de Sukuu! Jyakushou Kokka - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
@Nullify You simply calculate 1-(1-0,05)^20 and you get 64%. In other words 100% - (chance of failure)^(amount of tries).

@Yahagai Yea at the times I didn't understand the logic/concept behind the calculations, but now I know. But thanks anyway.

Dex-chan lover
"Wait that girl looks like ekakibit's doujin chara, who's the artist"

*checks

"Oh it is ekakibit"

Dex-chan lover
this guy ruin my illusion theory about gacha
SHIT NOW I CAN'T LIE TO MYSELF ANYMORE
RIP 1% x 100 = 100% dreamlike theory

4 stars not more. Do they really listen to childrens? They just kill them and put on throne some puppet.

Dex-chan lover
This guy destroyed the concept of gacha. That's a very impressive first impression.

The rational hero and princess. I am so down. Here's hoping the ecchi is downplayed.

Supporter
@stal2walk it only gets worse the lower the success rate is too
50% rate: pull 2 times, 75% success probability
33% rate: pull 3 times, 70% success probability
20% rate: pull 5 times, 67% success probability
5% rate: pull 20 times, 64% success probability
1% rate: pull 100 times, 63.4% success probability
0.01% rate: pull 10000 times, 63.2% success probability!

Dex-chan lover
I am more interested in Rito fall probability. Just how?

Dex-chan lover
Come on, elevators don't just "fall". There are physical mechanisms in place to prevent that.

Not sure if this was answered already but this is how the math checks out:

The probability they're trying to define here that's not well translated is "the probability of at least 1 success in gacha." So this might mean 1 win, or 2 prize wins or 3 prize wins, up to 20 prize wins since he's doing gacha total of 20 times. The number of attempts can be defined as 20 attempts (n=20). The easiest way to calculate the probability of "1 win chance"+"2 win chance"+"3 win chance"...+"20 win chance" is by taking the total probability of everything (the two outcomes are win and lose, simply put the formula 'all outcome'='win chance'+'lose chance'=100%=1) subtracted by the chance of losing. 100%-lose=win or 1-lose=win, where we define win as at least 1 success and losing as a total of 0 successes out of 20 tries.

To calculate the probability of losing, multiply each outcome by each other. Let's say you're trying to flip a coin and we consider tails to be loss and heads to be win. To calculate 3 losses, we do (0.5)*(0.5)*(0.5)=1/8. Another way to look at this is (1/2)^3 or ('chance of loss')^n where n=3 in this example since we flip the coin 3 times. Applying this to gacha, the chance of losing is (0.95)^20=0.358 or rounded to 36%.

Thus, the protagonist is stating that since he gets 0 wins 36% of the time, he will get at least 1 win (up to 20 wins) 64% of the time. He is pointing out that 5% * 20 is not the correct way to applying probability of outcomes in this situation. This is also why +5 atk or +15 atk work gloves were worth so fucking much in maplestory

the math equation in the beginning is incorrect (i used an graph-calculator to check and they became 2 lines pretty much on top of one another (which is actually a pretty easy to see error) )

the closest i got with a working pattern was:
big line
Y=sqrt(X-(X*X-X))^2

small line
Y=(sqrt(X-(X*X-X))^14)+0.05
and this looks barely like the picture

@NeoSmile I plugged the equation into an online graphing calculator and got it to look exactly like breasts with nipples. The drawing might be misrepresenting some symbols when entered, keep in mind the symbols surrounding x are not 1's but absolute value signs. Try plugging:

y=sqrt(1-(|x|-1)^2)
y=sqrt(0.01-(|x|-1)^2)+1

1 chapter in and we've already confused the TL with the math, a good start.

Dex-chan lover
Look, I don't think we need to worry about the math... but the fact that the princess is a bit dumb. They don't have time for a better solution, so they are trying to do the best they can.

It's not the best solution, but they got to do what they can.... if she had an actual solution, her words would have meant something... but she has nothing.... just empty wishes...

Fed-Kun's army
It's a no from me. Aside from how dumb everyone is, the overly sexual aspect of this is annoying. I sometimes do read stories with some smut to them but usually the characters are interesting enough for me to overlook the stupid fanservice but this is stupid

Dex-chan lover
Random information, if you happen to be in a falling elevator, lay down your body to the floor while facing up to minimize the damage.

Users who are viewing this thread