Sweet Home

Fed-Kun's army
This is survival horror done right; a real fucking gem right here. It's not just the writing being tight—the authors have taken the fullest possible advantage of the paneling of Korean webtoons: since readers can only view panels sequentially rather than a two-page spread at a time (which basically necessitates putting impactful reveals after the turn of the page—the physical act of turning itself being used as the pacing device), the suspense here relies heavily on the vertical size and the granularity of action in the panels, so you'll see a lot of panels repeated with nearly no change between them to punctuate long still shots. Adding to that a lot of creative and disturbing imagery as well as some believable characters, you get the modern-day mixture of the best parts of the Living Dead and Resident Evil franchises with a distinctively Asian flair but pretty much none of the corny bullshit.

Very good read for anyone who is either a fan of horror or is looking for something to rekindle their interest in the genre.

Double-page supporter
I loved the author who did “Bastard”

Although I usually stay away from anything gore-y or horror like (I just want good moods for my reading yo), I was so swept up by the author I couldn’t help but read it all.

After finding out he was working on his next project “Sweet Home” I had to jump into it. I still don’t like horror and gore type toons, but I appreciate the brilliance this author shows in his work.

I love the concept of Sweet Home. This is a FREE WEBTOON ya’ll. So just read it on it’s normal platform to support the author. I read this on webtoons.

just finished the korean raws. I won't spoil anything. It is really good though.

There is a possibility we may have second season.

It’s free to read on Webtoons, you only have to pay for fast pass. Go read it there and support the author!

I’ve only read the first 20 ish chapters but it’s already so so good.
I know it’s not happening irl but I’m a little wary of going close to my windows now.
it’s definitely a thriller cause it leave me on the edge of my seat with each episode. Unlike movies, there aren’t any jump scares (or gif panels in this webtoon) so you know it ain’t gonna be some cheap thrills. You’re gonna feel unhinged and anxious by the end of it. Definitely don’t read it at night if you’re more on the imaginative side of thinking.

Power Uploader
This manga is good. It's very intense thriller with horror/action every chapter... There is that uneasiness each chapter. I would have liked to see some more adventure/exploring outside the building where the entire story takes place. All in all great read... also the final chapter has background music (on webtoons) which just hits the feel. I have read author's previous work "Bastard" which was a great, I never would have imagined the author could do such a great job with a post apocalyptic story too!

I'm glad I stumbled across Sweet Home when I did, looking through the completed list on Webtoon, before it gets locked behind fast pass. One of the best survival thrillers I've read in recent memory, it's a shame I won't be able to read it again at my own leisure soon.

If you are by any chance reading this via other way like using tachiyomi or local cbz make sure whatever you do put on the "mz -sweet home (incomplete ver) music in background when reading last chapter. It really immersive you well as author intended.

I can't praise sweet home enough when others already said what needs to be said. So thats the only advice I can give away.

Group Leader
Man I used to be webtoon's biggest cheer leaders but ever since they started pay walling series as soon as they finish I'm out.

Anyways, anyone else feel that
hyein's "redemption" was not nearly enough for how shitty of a character she was lol. I straight up cheered when she got got lol.

It's funny how they keep webtoon free from the start then they suddenly add payment...
My last grim of hope is also gone for us to have a decent publisher with free chapters to read...
Welp... Time to learn my lesson

Dex-chan lover
Rebirth made me cry

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread