Sweet Home

You can read this for free on *certain aggregator sites*. Just make sure to use uBlock and other tools, don't waste your time on webtoon apps.

I just watched the Netflix adaptation and there's just one image to explain how I feel about it.
2xd5c6.jpg

So, yesterday while browsing YouTube I found a vid on “how to survive Sweet Home”, it looked interesting enough so I watched it which in turn made me wanna watch the Netflix adaption. Now, knowing just how bad Netflix is when making adaptions from manga/anime and the like. I decided to read the Manhwa/webtoon instead and oh boy, it’s a masterpiece. Strongly recommend reading this.

Ps. If ya don’t know where to read this then I’d suggest reading at manhwatop, it’s where I read it and they had all the chapters for free

I completed it yesterday.
Kinda meh tbh. A lot of shit left unexplained, a lot of unnecessary drama
And a lot, A LOT of stupid decisions
6/10

Idk why people like this so much. The pacing is very poor and way too slow, there's barely any depth or exploration of the characters and its basically extremely repetitive "roam around a building encountering monsters and collecting survivors" crap. 70 chapters in and there's ZERO clear reason behind the MCs history.

Its a waste of time. The authors "Bastard" story was good but this is a giant waste of time. It could bre reduced to 1/3 of the chapter count and you wouldn't miss anything.

Don't waste your time on this and don't be fooled by the fans. At this point I'm 70 chapters in and just finishing it to cap it off, otherwise I'd drop it.

** And I hate it when the Romance tag is added *for no reasons*. There is no romance plot to this. NONE. Don't waste your time. **

@Opticalwinter
1. There is no romance tag so be quiet
2. There kinda is, its not openly said but you can infer.

(also just give it a try, if you dont like it you can drop it😁)

Dex-chan lover
Okay some people are shitting on the Netflix version and let me say while its no masterpiece its not garbage ether so take what those guys say with a grain of salt.
Give it a watch its Dubbed if you hate reading subtitles aswell dont know how good the dub is though.

Dex-chan lover
fucking GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

idk what the hell these other people read but I could not put this down, maybe they relate to the MC too much lol

The fact the whole story
is set inside the apartment building gets stale so, so fast. Claustrophobic, but not in a good way. Plot armor/monster- of-the-chapter also lost its appeal very fast.
This is good for a quick read if you're really bored, otherwise stick with Bastard by the same people.

Honestly the ending to this made me cry.

Once I started to read this I couldn't put it down, Probably read it in like 8 hours. Every chapter made me thirsty for more, I wanted to see how the characters would survive, who would be the next to die, who would be the next to return.

Sure sometimes the plot armor is a little too thick sometimes but it's not as blatant as some other manga's.
>The characters were written well from hero's to villain's and even the side characters.

>The monsters were all unique in their own way each one compelled by their desires.

>There is this one character who you will hate after knowing them for a few chapters and they don't really die until the end which is kind of frustrating but also relieving in some way.

Over all a solid 10/10 for me. I wouldn't read again though because I'll cry like a bitch if I do.

I wouldn't recommend this if you are going to use your brain. Otherwise if you turn it off, it's that bad. I would say sub-mediocre. There is no plot. The art is meh. The characters are forcefully trying to get you to feel for them. basically nothing in this story seems genuine enough to care about.

This is one of the greatest manga I ever read, every chapter make me excited for the next. Fill me with emotion I rarely feel, especially and most importantly, tears, both tears of sadness and tears of joy. Some character feel empty but some are great, I really love "most" of the characters especially Eun Lee, some are obnoxious but that's not a bad thing because that's how they were design and it's working. I wanna check out Bastard but probably gonna take some time to fill my emotion bar again to experience it fully. Overall, a Masterpiece 100/100

Can someone answer me from which to which chapter are volumes 1-6?
For example vol1. 1-25
Vol2 26-57
Etc..

Contributor
@kobrejz webtoon & physical copy are a lit bit different...my guess : 1 book chapter = 2 webtoon chapters (?)
http://www.yes24.com/Product/Goods/89328244

Thought this was a nice story that sort of undermined itself with the semi-happy ending. It focused a lot on desire, both the danger of overindulgence and that it is a necessary component of humanity. But I think it got a little muddled as to what it was saying about this toward the end. It was only a background element, but I really liked Hyun's relationship with his family and the ambivalence there. Particularly, that he was genuinely wronged by them and hated them for it but also loved them nonetheless without them prostrating before him for forgiveness. Not that there was an opportunity to do so. The worldbuilding was a weakpoint but also largely superfluous to the story being told. Some of the side characters were a bit one note, but there was good development among the main cast, specifically Hyun and Hyuk. In all, a good read with decent drama, good horror elements, and a bittersweet story.

Users who are viewing this thread