Taimashi to Akuma-chan - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - Exorcist-san and clear skies.

@Vasqueztion that is still somewhat different.

those mangas start out as a relatively innocent father/daughter series and change course after a while.

This series here was romance from the get-go. Right in chapter 1 she asks if he had a girlfriend. But her child-like appearance and her lack of confidence seems to have fooled some people into thinking that she's a child. But her mindset is clearly not childish, just very shy.

Dex-chan lover
What's the point in introducing an exorcist girl who has a crush on the MC if he's already set up with the Demon girl? Just to make her taste bitter defeat by the end of the story? Or will the author make her turn on the Demon girl out of jealously and her duty as an exorcist?

Dex-chan lover
@SuppeBargeld
Oh, I've always known what this story was. He's naturally flirtatious, she fell in love. And slowly but surly she'll become an integral part of his life. One he can't be without, as much he is for her.

I was just giving a better example that Usagi Drop, which dropped the pairing at the end like a surprise.

Dex-chan lover
in regards to the for my daughter I'd fight the demon king and usagi drop comparisons

both of those pulled a fast one on us and tried to push a strong father daughter bond first and foremost. Here, it's more like at first he's just a nice guy who looks out for something smol and innocent, no father relationship involved. But clearly at this point, after quite a few chapters, he's developed that kind of guardian mindset. And demon-chan, unlike the girls in those other series, started out with a crush but at this rate it may develop into looking to him as a father figure. So more of a opposite progression to its predecessors, which is good.

But I do urge you all to never trust these kind of series with regards to that. I've lost all faith with japan with regards to this genre and keeping things normal. Lets enjoy the sugar for now and hope this keeps father daughter strictly, but you never know. Especially since they're not even the same race, a particularly dangerous element to be dealing with in this father- adopted daughter formula.

grooming is one of the most prolific aspects out of manga that is genuinely unsettling. People love to shit on isekai but I'd take a generic harem story to getting the door slammed in my face with something like usagi drops ending.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why people are so against romantic development. So what if they actually like each other lmao. It's fiction, she's a fucking demon, don't go putting human values on them.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus It's because some people can't differentiate reality from fiction, and they mistake depiction for endorsement.
If the latter were true, more people would be shooting people with guns from the games we have.
If the former were true, Japan would be the hotbed of pedophilia and not Rotheram, UK or Hollywood, US.

can't wait until the exorcist HQ found out and order him to kill her himself right away.

I mean, if you have read until now and still complain about the "romance" part of it, you are a fking degenerate for expecting it to change because you snowflake dont like it

Dex-chan lover
@SuppeBargeld It's not even really that most of those people were fooled. They were being willfully ignorant about what kind of content often gets made in Japan. They closed their eyes, put fingers in their ears and went "lalalalalala."

Also, all of you that got blindsided by
Usagi Drop and UchiMusume
were either doing the same or just missing details when they first started presenting, if we're being real. Maybe it wasn't since chapter 1 in those cases, but it definitely wasn't an abrupt surprise all the way at the end of everything, either. Let's stop pretending that it was a shocking twist. It wasn't. There was build up during plot progression.

Group Leader
htS1nr0.jpg

Here's a fun fact: She may look like a kid and refer to herself as young, but what exactly is young for a demon? 🤔 We can't really say it's pedophilia just yet (also rn exorcist definitely treats her more like a kid) so yeah. That's just my 2 cents on this.

Double-page supporter

I'm scared that this leads to a tragic backstory where Evan had a family but they were slaughtered or killed.

Damnit Japan! This is what happens when you put romantic undertones in your culture about something as convenient and practical as sharing an umbrella. You hurt this loli Japan, and I hope you feel bad about yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread