Taimashi to Akuma-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 27 - Exorcist and Christmas Eve

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F knowing that the other exorcists (forgot the name) said that he had a habit of letting some go instead of killing them probably means she might be still alive.

Dex-chan lover
I didn’t expect that flashback at all. It’s tragic and makes the beginning kinda weird to me now?

He basically had to kill a similar demon-Chan with his own hands after already letting her into his heart cuz clearly he cared about her. But despite that he still managed to keep his mind open and take care of another demon-Chan(although he did state he is keeping her at arms length because of the past). I’m not sure if that attests to his kindness or some weird character flaw that enables him to take in anyone while aware he might have to kill them one day. Cuz that seems too traumatic to dive back into right away.

Dex-chan lover
@Hamin Ehhh, the way he said he used her emotions to manipulate her implies he had only just started to let her in at the end. The stuffed doll was probably as much apology as anything else. The doubts he voices about "what if" point to him not ACTUALLY letting her in and really only half-assing/faking it until close to the end by which point it was too late and she'd made her choice.

It actually makes the sincere affection he showers our girl with make more sense. It's a mix of atonement and trying not to be a scumbag this time around.

Dex-chan lover
That flashback was so surprising! This is definitely not the last we see of that demon, I'm convinced! And I'm also curious about Lily's background. How she lost her eye and all that. I wonder if the story will ever go there...

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, all this plot came out of nowhere like Truck-kun and hit just as hard. ;_;
So this explains that her eyepatch isn't a fashion statement and she's truly half-blind.
Also explains why Evan-san would conveniently have a Christmas dinner spread and plush bear at his home on the night they first met. Rereading Ch.1 though Evan-san said that if she was a good girl for a whole year they have Christmas together again, and looks like he kept his word so that's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread