Taimashi to Akuma-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 30 - Exorcist and Traitor-chan

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the chapter! Been missing this one honestly.

Finally. Evan has been needing to get it through her head that this shit is dangerous work. Her charging in head first(literally). Could get her killed.

Dex-chan lover
Big evil demon=nah, small cutie demon=yes. Evan is a lolicon confirmed.

Dex-chan lover
Not really being a traitor if your kind never took care of you in the first place, don't you think?

Wtf else were they expecting when they ditch demon kids and leave them to fend for themselves?

Dex-chan lover
@broadsword80 I'm not defending the mindset, but calling her a traitor is more so attesting to the concept of in-group and out-group. Even if the in-group treated her poorly, she has an "obligation" to her in-group. Especially since the in-group has a long running enmity to the out-group. In other words, siding with the out-group, in this case the exorcists, makes her a traitor. So in essence she is a traitor but it's obvious her doing what she did is the undeniably right choice. It's stupid because it sounds like demon-chan has a negative title assigned to her because of what she did, but it is a valid social aspect that is old as civilization itself.

Also, the ditching the kids seems to be a cultural ideology that probably garners the strongest demons in a every man for himself environment. This enables more focus on surviving and less trying to share what is likely very scarce resources. It is possible that it is humanity's actions against them that prevents the demons from having a culture of building and community. Of course, humanity is also just doing what they think is right because demons kill humans and hunt for pleasure. So of course, since this is an age old concept that most demons just accept, it is obvious that a demon that denies this concept and sides with the human enemy is a traitor.

Group Leader
8lKGpYe.png

The force Lily would of had to hit them with to break through a brick wall is huge, she is a very strong little demon.

Dex-chan lover
@broadsword80 More to the point, it sounded like that one was bullying the smaller demons too. Can't exactly expect them to be loyal to you if you treat them like shit. A lesson many people in the real world have failed to grasp as well, I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
If the pandemic doesn't kill me, this series will. My heart hurts every single time I read a chapter, and I just can't stop. Lily is too pure.

Not sayin Evan isn't a lolicon, totally may be, but I'd also imagine that it's much easier, and far more likely to succeed, in changing their way of thinking to foster better human-demon relations at a younger age, rather than trying the same thing with a fully 'mature' demon, who, given everything we've seen, would like have already harmed/killed some humans, if they've reached 'adulthood' or whatever.

Not exactly all that much different from 'grooming' now that I've said it...
Still, not necessarily for ill intent either way in this case...

Dex-chan lover
@Otakuman706 reminds me of the thing with "For my daughter I'll defeat the demon king" where people complained endlessly about Dale grooming the kid. Dale turned out to not be doing that but it was a real discussion and it still is for people that haven't finished it.
it turned out the kid was grooming Dale and they were roughly the same age.
I'm personally on the fence with it still as it's just kinda ended in a way I was not prepared for.

Users who are viewing this thread