Taisho Maiden Fairytale

Dex-chan lover
SERIOUSLY!! Why is no one re uploading this manga? I am reading this at Mangarock atm. This needs to be here.

It's so heartwarming manga, share the love for god sake!!

Fed-Kun's army
@MCX01, it can be read on the scanlator's site which is where the highest quality images are likely to be found.
Issue is that the chapters can't be trivially ddl'd all at once.
I've tried to download them one by one, page by page, and that becomes tedious very quickly.

From what I've seen though, they add a hash after every chapter in the file hierarchy so they look something like this.
Code:
https://reader.seaotterscans.com/content/comics/taishau_wotome_otogibanashi_56cbcd14335cd/2_0_memory_of_spring_on_a_winter_night_56d22bd2208d2/001.png
https://reader.seaotterscans.com/content/comics/taishau_wotome_otogibanashi_56cbcd14335cd/2_0_memory_of_spring_on_a_winter_night_56d22bd2208d2/002.png
https://reader.seaotterscans.com/content/comics/taishau_wotome_otogibanashi_56cbcd14335cd/3_0__56ee2413996ad/001.png
https://reader.seaotterscans.com/content/comics/taishau_wotome_otogibanashi_56cbcd14335cd/3_0__56ee2413996ad/002.png
So given a link to the first page of each chapter (and the number of pages in that chapter /ed), it should be relatively trivial to get the rest via wget.
There'd be some issues in timing to balance the load, but having copies would be very useful if (read when) the scanlator's site goes down.

A "sequel" to this is coming out or has already come out. It's most likely in the same "world".

Shouwa Otome Otogibanashi

We just need translations.

Darn, wish this could get an anime adaptation and an official release on my country
20160414_4279979.jpg

jak

Contributor
@MeLikeChoco

Yeah, I think it might be a loose "sequel" where it's new characters in the same universe, but then you have cameos of characters from the prequel.

Sea otter scans goes inactive in 8 days. if i remember I'll start re uploading chapters when there marked as inactive by staff.

Thanks a lot for the script, @Nosgoroth! Alas, it fails for me. It hangs for a while (like a minute) on the "Retrieving chapter list" step and then fails with a "certificate verify failed" error message from the Python library. The Sea Otter website is accessible for me in a browser, though. Do you have any idea whether there is a way around this?

Contributor
Well, it took 37 chapters to get to what I expected to be the beginning, but it was a cute ride. Thanks for the upload.

@SpectrumDT I've seen this happen before when I was trying to run something on an old Windows XP computer that had a Python install (I think?) with outdated support for SSL certificates, and my fix was to run my code on something a bit more modern, so I'm afraid I can't help.

Have a look at this SO question, maybe it can help.

PURE girl helps DEPRESSION boy become BEST boy in a series so bittersweet yet wholesome it tastes like a Nintendo switch game cart doused in a pound of caramel and is also a soup. Watch as various THOTS try to tempt DEPRESSION boy from/ try to take PURE girl but fail because PURE girl is BEST girl. Also say expletives when you get to the end of volume 2.

But in all seriousness, it’s a wholesome romp that occasionally goes on a feels trip with some pretty well developed characters and is proof of how to tell a compelling and memorable romance in less then 5000 chapters and a volume count rivaling that of the encyclopedia brittanica. 9/10 just barely missing out a perfect score because the characters are sometimes just dumb for the purposes of plot but it’s forgivable.

Group Leader
Now that's a beautiful ending. would've been better that we were able to see their children.

You don't know how much joy I felt when I found out there was a sequel. Holy hell.

Also, the older sister is fucked in the mind for the entirety of the manga.

At a point, I thought she could be reversible. Similar Tamako and their father did (a bit) by Tamahiko's influence, but i was proven to be mistaken. She's an unrepairable mess, sickening person.

I finished this last night. I read most of it in a day. I can honestly say this is one of my favorite manga to date.

It made me smile, it made me cry, it kept me on the edge of my seat. I cannot recommend this one enough.

Aggregator gang
Ok ya I dig the happily ever after but what happened to that sack of shite Tamayo. I was waiting for poetic justice or something.

this is cool and all but the mc is most likely going to be drafted into ww2 so umm... yeah. rip.

For anyone interested in Showa Otome and Taishou Otome and other works by Kirioka Sana, I have created a wiki about her works. Among other things, I am working on compiling a timeline.

https://kirioka-sana.fandom.com/wiki/Taishou_Otome_and_Showa_Otome_timeline

Feel free to contribute if you are interested. :)

Fed-Kun's army
@notahomo Japan only conscripted able-bodied men in WW2, which MC is not.

of course that won't protect them from the more than 1,779,000 lbs of explosives dropped by B-29s on Chiba.

Users who are viewing this thread