Takane no Hana wa Midaresaki - Vol. 8 Ch. 47 - She's a Princess

Dex-chan lover
I remember in conversations about a previous BDSM manga (Nana to Kaoru, go figure) that one of the initial conflicts: the FMC not being able to tell openly about her fetish, not even to close associates and ended bottling it up until it burst, was the norm over there in Japan. Something it always confuses us in the west, who don't see that much of a big deal having a quirk or two.

Maybe that's the reason subcultures may seem much underdeveloped compared to the west, because we are more open about our weird.

Dex-chan lover
I hate what this is trying to say about BSDM. This isn't what it's about at all and what made me love the series so far. This is just gaslighting and grooming (I don't like using that term these days but it applies). She came to him in a vulnerable emotional state, you should NEVER initiate like that. This is what people from the outside of the BSDM community think BSDM is.

Dex-chan lover
Eh i don't mind the BDSM and other kinky stuff but chocking? Thats where i draw the line author. Shits is dangerous af and already killed ppl.

Dex-chan lover
I remember in conversations about a previous BDSM manga (Nana to Kaoru, go figure) that one of the initial conflicts: the FMC not being able to tell openly about her fetish, not even to close associates and ended bottling it up until it burst, was the norm over there in Japan. Something it always confuses us in the west, who don't see that much of a big deal having a quirk or two.

Maybe that's the reason subcultures may seem much underdeveloped compared to the west, because we are more open about our weird.
If I understand it correctly, also based on various discussions and posts here and back in the day on Bato.to, the japanese in general puts a lot of importance on politeness, personal space, etiquette, proper manners and respect for your superiors. This basically creates a culture of introverts where people are uncomfortable to openly talk about their feelings or thoughts.
Keep in mind, this is my impression, it might not be true (nowadays).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hate what this is trying to say about BSDM. This isn't what it's about at all and what made me love the series so far. This is just gaslighting and grooming (I don't like using that term these days but it applies). She came to him in a vulnerable emotional state, you should NEVER initiate like that. This is what people from the outside of the BSDM community think BSDM is.
Some of you have the memory of a goldfish, I swear. All of he does is to reassure her by telling her what he has always felt towards. And he complements it with physical acts, because she has never been comforted with words only.

This has happened in past chapters the other way around, him feeling unworthy of her, and it was solved in the same way, by restating the feelings they have.

Dex-chan lover
Nothing you've said applies to this chapter or series as a whole cuz nothing about what we've seen is any different than what we've been shown before. We've literally been shown time and time again what she's into, what she wants, and how on an almost psychic level he's able to understand and respond in kind. She felt that she wasn't enough for him (your aforementioned emotional state), then like always he does everything correctly to comfort her. Where exactly is the gaslighting, where exactly is the grooming especially when he's able to do these things without prompting? You say to don't use those terms these days and I agree you should stop cuz you're blatantly misusing them here.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is that the manga hasn't been trying to portray a healthy BDSM relationship; it's about an absolute degenerate of a girl who has dragged the once decent boy into the abyss with her.

Users who are viewing this thread