Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 18 Ch. 74 - The Selection of the Katana

Fed-Kun's army
@Firexion7 first not likely at least in the immediate future, after all when you have "bigger fish" to fry (Kyo) you can't really start fighting against your allies. Second don't you see how worried he was about it, he even thought she had died for a moment. Also when he met her in the novel he thought "She had rounded, fuzzy ears, long soft hair, deep eyes that you could lose yourself in, and a puffy tail that swayed beautifully. I hadn't seen her in so long--she was more beautiful than I remembered." pretty sure that sounds like someone in love though he rationalizes otherwise and also not shown here either but he REALLY takes a liking to what she's wearing, like A TON. So yeah I doubt there would be any immediate problems.
@Werebearguy the sword chose her for her personality fitting of a hero and her skills in swordsmanship. Pretty sure it'd be the same no matter what type of sword even if it was a longsword or a claymore (wonder if that was a reference from you).
@NotTriton not debating it's good, but I don't know if I'd say it's the best. There are many other moments that are extremely hype in other arcs later on too.
@kabalfs take it like this...this arc still has a bit to go and a volume. Then they go back "the usual" reports etc. and THIS is when Naofumi gets the village, there might be a slight separations while both do things around but it's nothing big. I guess she isn't always with Naofumi, but she's always around since both sleep in the village, doubt they would make any episodes without her, but I honestly wouldn't know. If anyone gets "axed" for a while I'd say
it'd be Filo
@Maxterson217 they did, they did describe his looks, only once, but not much I guess his looks here may be by inquiring the author?
@TetraSky like they said, guy has authority, then even if the "common folk" disagree they can't do anything about it. And this country is bad and at odds with Kizuna's why you think they had Glass and the rest in prison just like Naofumi was and they were sure to have them killed, then just throw a lie or excuse about how they died and how the weapons "chose" new users from the people in their country.
@Xystus One, Raph-chan is the shikigami. Two L'arc is a vassal hero and he went to Raphtalia's world. Only people who can't travel are "cardinal" heroes like Naofumi and Kizuna when they don't have "permission." Naofumi got it from Ost, so he's there on behalf of Ost and the Spirit Turtle.
@Lyncker she'd have the around lvl 75 she had in her world. In here at the moment I'd guess she's around 20-30 in level at most.
@Xenophacilus what Drm186 said is true, though I'm pretty sure
2 vassals can hunt fine, and only when it's 3 is that the exp drops. After all there's always 2 vassals per 1 cardinal weapon, in other words they're there to serve them and help them hunt, that's what the word vassal usually means
@onipuck they know, they just don't accept it.
@dextersTomato in the novel it says it actually flew to her hand rather than in front of her where she grabbed it. Also the point they take especially since he has power in that country is, the weapon "belongs" to the country and she's not from there, so if she leaves then the country loses power.
@BaGamman not when it looks like he'd do anything for attention, not to mention he ordered those monsters and the army to attack them rather than speak to them. Something the manga changed with the last line this chapter, especially since the novel said she tried dropping the weapon but can't, just like Naofumi's shield.
@Elandriel as to what you say I'd say maybe, I mean he's befriended L'arc and the others, wouldn't that be reason enough to help them? as to the "prophecy" you mentioned it had everything to do with the Spirit Turtle and monsters like it,
if they kill 2/3rds of all ppl they can use those souls as energy to make a barrier that would stop the waves. But if you want to save the people, then you kill those monsters and instead brave the waves, though that'd be extremely hard.
@Rin2k it was never stated that would save them, it only said they'd get "more time." Which isn't even a good reason especially because
the people in charge of the waves can't be reasoned with. In the past they did a gameshow type deathmatch with all the heroes and their worlds at stake just for their entertainment, when Naofumi and some of his friends or however you want to call them, kill one of them, they're seeing red and vow to kill them all and all of their worlds. And yeah I said past, they were sent back in time by same said bad people behind the waves

@999kirby
I'm guessing the novel doesn't use common tropes, then...
And I was just getting used to the idea, well, It is better this way.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t get that Japanese arc at all. Everything got messed up for me since Big Turtle arc 😒

Fed-Kun's army
@HolyOrdos if it's too hard for you, you can wait for season 2. Since the manga adapted Spirit Tortoise arc so bad and made some readers lose their interests, but Glass' world arc has been adapted toooooo good so far. I know that you probably skipped some pages that has a lot of texts because of the confusing Spirit Tortoise arc, so read from ch 63 properly and don't skip the wave fight explanation at ch 69.

Spirit Tortoise arc in manga really sucks.

Fed-Kun's army
@kabalfs I mean yeah she will be a bit less, but it's more to do with all they have to do I mean Naofumi has to prepare medicines at night, breakfast on morning, make lists to give the ppl in village to do, etc. Thing is though she'll still be with him almost 100% of the time since she trusts her the most, same with Filo, I can't actually remember any point in time where either isn't with him
couple exceptions apply to Filo
, only times are when he's traveling somewhere so he gets to the place, set a teleport point, and go back to get the rest of squad, so they all come to where they have to go with teleport. And as time goes on, it'll be even less necessary for him to do that himself.
@HolyOrdos
@Aczear You guys I can understand they didn't write it the best way, but most of the arc is pretty clear.
@AsakaraYoruto no, it's not adapted "too good" they've been doing tons of changes, to the Filo rescue, to the leveling and talks while travels. They never talked how Rishia already learned the language and bought a book, or how the news were vague about the katana selection. They also changed the way they entered this city and how they met back with Raphtalia, L'arc, Therese and Glass, there's even an image for that in the novel, they could have even used it.

Dex-chan lover
@AsakaraYoruto Yeah. Spirit Tortoise arc was the final nain in the coffin although I've started losing interest earlier with abandoned retinue-girl arc I suppose. IMO the essence of this manga was the first part that ended with grandiose battle against the cultists of this world.

@Aczear
@999kirby
*sends hugs

Fed-Kun's army
@HolyOrdos don't just drop it, but I do wonder how long until you get hyped again, they're going to fight this guy, and for a while I thought it wouldn't be hype until they met Kyo, but now I remembered there are a couple of other fights that are hard enough to fit the bill of it getting entertaining, if anything next fight with Kyo will hit you with enough revelations that you might get more interest in it again. I can tell you things in spoiler tag, but ihdk if you'd want to know or not.

Fed-Kun's army
@999kirby sorry, forgot to mention "far too good if you compare it to ST arc"

Yeah, the changes after Shikigami ritual really make LN readers felt weird. Especially recent 2 chap is just a lot different, but I think they are doing it for cliffhanger and more shounen-ish.

But let's think, how will they adapt the LN version into a good anime episode for the reunion? It will be very weird to see an episode ending right after the LN ver of reunion. No matter how I think, I can't see the LN ver will adapt well.

Fed-Kun's army
@AsakaraYoruto what you mean if "far too good..." do you mean one is better or one is changed or what???
As to "you can't see it" why not? many series use cliffhangers. You forget, on the anime when the pope arrived and showed the "weapon" Melty said "look out, that weapon is..." and it ended there. So it isn't impossible nor is it completely bad to have it like that. Many other things are questionable too, for example in the LN it wasn't that easy to kill even 1 of those tigers, that's why L'arc, Therese and Glass immobilized them, Kizuna made the damage higher and then they attacked. So the tigers being "shown" as fodder is highly questionable, also Raphtalia's personality, in the LN she didn't pick the weapon, it jumped INTO her hands, and she tried several times to get the sword off of her, but couldn't. In here she's obviously wanting to keep it since the other guy isn't worthy. I don't mind changes sometimes, but these have been too much lately.

Fed-Kun's army
@999kirby I prefer the LN a lot, but I can't see the manga or anime following the LN for reunion.

In LN, they reunited with kinda happy atmosphere. If the manga followed the LN, a chapter may end on the reunion, and it will sucks to end a chapter with happy atmosphere and make the tension down, instead of making rising tension as cliffhanger.

If you adapt the reunion part of the LN, in which part of a manga chapter will you put it? Middle then go to normal chat and imagining what happened to Raphtalia so far, and end it by Trash #2 showing up? Or just ending the chapter with them happy atmosphere reunion?

Fed-Kun's army
@AsakaraYoruto You forgot how it ended? tension never died because just as they met and were happy the tigers arrived. They even said it themselves "we relaxed too much" (or something along those lines). then came Trash #2 and when Naofumi asked why he was chasing them they explained, and then they fought.

Fed-Kun's army
@999kirby that's why I said, it can't be adapted well as episodic. They want to make this all dramatic.
Dramatic Reunion cliffhang>enemies showing up cliffhang. This is what the manga did imo.

Fed-Kun's army
@AsakaraYoruto again, pretty sure that what they did in the novel is the same way things happened in the battle against the replica weapon on the anime. They first ended in what would happen, then they spoke followed by a single attack or a few then the other heroes came and it was other cliffhanger, they spoke a ton next episode, and then the action started the one after. So it's pretty much like in the novel, where they "met" then the tigers came, then would be a cliffhanger, then the guy comes and accuses them and they reply to him and explain how everything happen before starting to even fight.

Ah, now I remember why i've liked shield hero. Stuff like this, as well as the whole season 1 thing.

Users who are viewing this thread