Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo - Vol. 7 Ch. 36 - Your feelings are my feelings

Dex-chan lover
Kaoru will never have feelings for Uta beyond that of an extremely close family member. Anyone convinced she's wavering on any part of that is delusional.

This can only end with both of them finding their own happiness and wishing each other well. If the author ever tried to pull out a Kaoru x Uta ending, it would be completely hamfisted. From the start of the series until now, Kaoru has maintained exactly what she wants from Uta, and nothing she has done has even hinted it might be romantic, it's just the actions and emotions they show are being tinted by our own expectations what with this basically being a yuri story.

I remember taking my little sister to Disneyland a couple years ago. We've been incredibly close since we were young. We're both grown adults now, so obviously seeing a grown man and woman going to Disneyland portrays a certain image to other people. We had a well meaning park employee make a comment about us since we were all on our own on a park bench taking a break togeher, and we both got a chuckle out of the insinuation that we might be a couple. Our mannerisms may have very well portrayed the idea we might be that way, but we're just close siblings. It's literally the same thing with Kaoru. Uta is her dear little sister who she feels she can rely on and is able to show her weaker side to.

Dex-chan lover
@Raowaa, @JKTV, @kabalfs

The reader is not positioned to know just what Kaoru feels for Uta. Kaoru regards her love for Uta as sororital, but Kaoru is not especially self-aware. Uta infers that the love is almost surely sororital.

Presumably things will be made more clear to the reader, but there is no guarantee that they will be made more clear to the characters.

@Akinak

In my case, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the character's name, and just picked-up the spelling used by those to whom I was responding. Thanks for the correction.

take my opinion with a grain of salt because there's a chunk of chaps I haven't read yet(if ever), but what Kaoru really needs isn't Uta but some space(and maybe some therapy), if she keeps up these unhealthy dependency relationships nobody's gonna be happy, time to put on her big girl pants and be an adult. and Uta dafck, I get that you don't get to choose who you fall in love with but she's STILL your brother's wife(even if in name only), let the ink dry on the divorce paper before you prey on the corpse of his relationship..... at this point of the story he may be just decoration, but still, he's family doesn't he deserve at least that much respect?

the three of them need some time apart to assess and/or reassess their relationships with each other

Why so many have Kaoru's name misspelled? Is it some inside joke?

Dex-chan lover
Wtf there was a time when I somehow understood these but now and maybe because of the long wait I don't get it all now.

Fed-Kun's army
@Oeconomist OMFG you're so big brain!
It makes a lot of sense especially considering what I've read up until now.

But the thing is, Kaoru need therapy lol
I mean, she went through a lot, felt betrayed by one of the people she most loved, had to deal with the guilt of holding back when she wanted to say her feelings..
Kaoru needs love, but she also needs understand herself better, because as I learned with RuPaul, "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell can you love somebody else?"

Eekum Bokum

Thank for chapter 💖

I waited so long, so long, for this...

I mean she did admit she loves her but like... Aaaaarrrggghhh

Also also this is a manga, it's basically a fantasy. Anything can happen so keep an open mind.

Dex-chan lover
if Kaoru and Uta end up being a couple they will be in the same relationship like Kaoru and Reiichi. One going out out of pity and loving another person, because I don't think Kaoru have compleitly move on of Reiichi, she still have some feeling for him even a little, and the other one hopping they will have their feelings reciprocated. Also Kaoru is straight. She never show any sexual attirance for Uta.
@Dzimitory92 no, Risako is a bad person. Let her f*ck the dude. Beside Reiichi is a good guy in some way. Saving Kaoru from her depression by going out with her. okay It was a fake relationship but at least he did something, not like Risako.

We finally got a new chapter!!!! Am I the only one who thinks it will be ending soon? I don't want it too cuz Uta isn't together w Kaoru, but for some reason I think it will end w/o them getting together....

Dex-chan lover
..after the long wait this is the heartbreak I get, and thank goodness I thought Kaoru offed herself there at the start

Are people blind or what? On the contrary, this chapter opens the door to a major evolution between uta and kaoru as never before in manga... Kaoru rejects her husband without hesitation and this is also a first, she finally takes serious decisions .... she was talking at her mother's grave that she would never see uta or reicchi again and as by chance uta appears, at last they confess to each other that they love each other (a little bit different for kaoru but it's normal) and that for kaoru, uta is the most important person in the world...that leaves a total hope to uta but doesn't want to force things anymore...
They will certainly live together again, which leaves all hope to compare the distance that separated them and made it impossible to get closer.
The future shackles : risako who will as usual provoke things and reicchi who will try to recover kaoru...

@sirflimflam uh no ok you completely forget how kaoru is conflicted about her feelings... of course being married to uta's brother, she couldn't pretend to have the same feelings or even imagine that uta loved her.
Except that the denial has ended, that there is no longer any real love relationship, that she absolutely wants to live with uta again, that she thinks that he is the most important person for her, of course she will not fall in love instantly and we don't know yet if it will be the case. But as long as they are going to live together, after all her dramas, they will be closer than ever and kaoru won't be in the same state of mind as before reicchi.
We go from a situation where uta was far away and there was no more hope to an unhoped-for reunion when kaoru was going to turn the page on uta and reicchi, too many lucky actions to be a coincidence...

Fed-Kun's army
@X-117017 I guess I'm just a little confused about, what you're confused about? Would you mind replying and let me know?

-It sure seemed that Kaorus friend was hinting at her being a lesbian and has always held Kaoru in a special place in her heart, but she whole-heartedly rejects that "part" of herself
-The husband... pffft, dudes a huge coward... He's a grown ass man and he's toying with someone emotions, like its easy thing in the world, all because he feels guilty? How they portray him as a "good guy" is beyond me.
-The way I look at it, Kaoru is a completely dependent person. She NEEDS someone to "love" her. Which I could understand that, in the sense of being "left alone" in the world, since all her family passed away, compared to someone who's always "been alone". Uta is just your everyday horny teen, chasing that MILF. However, I think this chapter really made a huge change to the way the story was going, it opened up a lot more than I would have thought and definitely answered a few questions I had. So, in turn.. Great progress. Would I characterize this as Yuri, though?.....
Not yet ;)

I just hope Kaoru and Uta don't start living together... in Reiichi's house. It would be so stupid and so much like this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
GOOD, now stop with the stupid "oh I don't want to impose" and live together already! ur both the ones who love and care for each other, get reichi to move out the house or leave his house and start anew somewhere else

at the least, clear time together will allow them to sort out and realise their feelings... some ppl saying "oh she's only looked at Uta as a sister" are forgetting that it's been in the context of living with her husband and then dealing with drama. Also, Kaoru never knew of Uta's feelings so how else was she supposed to treat Uta but as a sister

so ya, once they are able to finally live together without the distractions of reichi and with knowing each other's feelings that both care and love the other, a relationship can being to progress and develop.

Dex-chan lover
Kay. Main characters are too weak and uncompelling. Had enough of this lame sh*t.

Good job to the translators.

Dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread