Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo - Vol. 7 Ch. 36 - Your feelings are my feelings

I like this series a lot, and I'm glad we're getting progress. I don't find it confusing at all.

As Risako made clear, Reichii meant well, marrying Kaoru to take care of her. Maybe not a good idea but a well-meant one, and Kaoru did need some sort of help at the time; IIRC she was losing weight from stress and/or not eating. That Kaoru can now stand on her own and push him aside is good for both of them: she can try to find something that completes her, he can go find someone for mutual lust -- which may not be Risako, poor guy.

"Kaoru's dead" was pretty obviously unlikely; "I'm going to visit my mother" read like "visit grave" not "kill myself". OTOH I might have panicked in Reichii's place as well. Dropping the phone just then is 'convenient' timing, I'd have gone with running low on battery, or turning off her phone... actually I'd have gone with Reichii simply interpreting her words the wrong way and calling Uta with "can you intervene? she's not answering me". Still, a minor flaw.

Uta living with Kaoru again is emotionally risky -- she doesn't have any evidence of Kaoru being *into* her that way, so there may be more heartbreak ahead -- but hey, she has more of a chance now.

One thing is that while Kaoru loved Reichii, I don't think we have any evidence of her lusting after anyone. This may simply be the manga being modest and discreet, but it's possible that Kaoru simply isn't that sexual a person. Or not that aware of her sexuality...

...because she *was* really into 'skinship' with Uta, in a way that could be just female friendship in the US, but is culturally abnormal in the more reserved Japanese culture, especially for an adult woman. Actual family members, apart from small children, do not cling to each other the way she was clinging to Uta.

Even if she isn't particularly lustful, she may be physically willing -- she did bring up having a kid with Reichii. The webcomic "Girls With Slingshots" has a couple where one woman is bisexual and pretty lusty, and the other one is outright asexual, to the point where she lets her partner go out and get sex elsewhere. Even if there's a lust asymmetry between Uta and Kaoru, they may still be able to meet each other's needs; one might think "that's sad and they could do better", but it's not necessarily true.

It is weird to remember that there were those classmates/co-workers of Uta's, who were pretty prominent earlier on and haven't been seen in forever.

They got me in the first 6 pages ngl-

as expected of yukiiti-sama, yet another outstanding chapter. Definitely love this author.

Yeeesss Uta finally understand she has to stop being stucked in her own pessimistic reality,
Kaoru has her own reality, her own feelings (that she obviously tried to hide until now ) and she need time to understand her actions.

I think I can expect a really satisfying end for this manga. Good job, CHAOSTEAM. And good job, TMnR!

Ooooh, are we going to go down the road of "and they were roommates" now ? XD
I mean, Uta was accepted into the university of her choice, so if it's close to where Kaoru will live after divorcing Reiichi, they totally could do that.
Thanks for your work !

Feels like I've been waiting for this chapter forever, but the payoff was worth it! Really looking forward to seeing Kaoru and Uta living alone together (or at least nearby each other) without Reichii getting in the way and reminding Uta of how hopeless her love is. With the divorce, there's room for her to actually believe in herself and see where her feelings take her rather than being stuck in a constant state of "but that'll never happen because she's married." More than that, it's not as awkward since Kaoru knows how Uta feels and still wants to stay together with her. Also, seeing Uta get out of that toxic parental environment is just something I need to see.

as much as i want them to be together, im glad kaoru isnt just like---im a lesbian now.

this makes the (hopefully good) end that much sweeter.

Kaori and uta shouldnt live together shes finally making a step to not be dependent she doesnt view her that way so would only be selfish to live together

Fed-Kun's army
Caught up to this one, and... oof, I gotta say. Even if the journey ends soon, this is definetly going to my Favorites folder.

Dex-chan lover
they’ll live together once she starts uni, hopefully
but still...i want to understand risako, i dont waanna hate her

Users who are viewing this thread