Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo - Vol. 7 Ch. 37.5 - Epilogue

It's been many years since she left her husband. Uta had just started university at the time, but now she's done and she works. Of course, things change in such a timespan. During Uta's first year of university, those two hadn't even seen each other at all (and who knows for how much longer after that). So no, it's not "out of left field", there's supposed to have been lots of development during this time that wasn't shown.

Ending was obvious from the beginning but feels forced since the author wasn't able to show how they got to that point after living together. I already have the books 1-5 and 6 and 7 are already pre-ordered so I'm satisfied. Hopefully they'll be able to make a more complete story next time. Good yuri stories are always cancelled just when they hit their stride while bullshit is allowed to go on and on and on for 100 ch. or more.

Aha, glad to see I wasn't the only one who have been re-reading this epilogue multiple times. It's just... oh god, I really love this.

Dex-chan lover
this was all i wanted and it was amazing

it made all the other BS in this series worth it

Dex-chan lover
@Kabeidon lmao chill bro (i also no longer following that manga), i just wish that this manga has continuation before time skip (or maybe a worth one-shot chapter between final chapter and epilogue)

I remember the time many years ago when I read chapter 1-5 for the first time. It was such a wonderful feelings and I was hooked rightaway. BTW, the ending was a lil bit dissapointing. This epilogue is ok.

Fed-Kun's army
It's been many years since she left her husband. Uta had just started university at the time, but now she's done and she works. Of course, things change in such a timespan. During Uta's first year of university, those two hadn't even seen each other at all (and who knows for how much longer after that). So no, it's not "out of left field", there's supposed to have been lots of development during this time that wasn't shown.
@GGFF15 I agree. It's unfortunate but I have a requited love on my friend and she knows I like her. I have to say, and I've only had one other relationship, there are so many things that happen when you actually spend time with someone you trust and believe in. When I continued to invite a friend over, I started developing attraction, which I felt was so odd because I'm on the ace-aro spectrum. I never had the desire to just want to touch someone or be petted or embraced by someone. Girls around me were always like that but I was more touch averse. I heard so many stories and I hear how people have these like biological desires that I just couldn't grasp. I was more or less freaking out just like Kaoru but like on a way more "wtf do I do, I should try to crush my feelings and everything" kind of scale.
You can't believe how happy I was when I read "Bloom Into You" and read all of Yuu's story. It really is all about the time you commit. Of course, you would think you'd spend most of your life with your romantic partner more so than a platonic friend. They become special.

I know that they won't always want to touch a person they're closest with. It definitely doesn't always happen like this. But it's not out of left field and it's not impossible. I've only been telling myself that my love won't reach my friend because she's straight. But after talking to her, I learned it's not a matter of gender but a matter of friendship. While people like me can make relationships out of strong platonic bonds, others have solid boundaries; they can't "imagine doing romantic/sexual" things in that platonic relationship. Although, I do wanna point out that that's literally what a platonic relationship is until ya feelin's change lol. But sometimes, you have to bite the dust and you either move on or you continue with an unrequited love that knows how you feel about them.

What a waste of time
What now, filling out timeskip in "My Unrequited Love+"?

edit: this shit gets 7 volumes, meanwhile Poca Climb gets axed after 2, Japan WTF are you doing?

I was fine with the way the series ended, but this epilogue was a nice addition to the cannon. thank you tmnr sensei

holy shit this stuff is mad forced but I can’t even care anymore it’s the ending I wanted for them

yay..i was dissatisfied with the ending but re-reading the story along with the epilogue, i realized its actually pretty good..its realistic nonetheless. the author wanted to stick with the whole idea of "unrequited love" but forced to meet public demand(im one of those ofc..xD, sorry author-san..thats why I understand this epilogue's aura..)
we get a clear ending that finally,its requited now.. on how they came up living together, you can draw the idea from chapter36 where they stated that they wanna live together again..also, graduation celebration from university is another chance they could meet since Kaoro and her ex is in good terms after the divorce.. A lot of opportunity but I guess the author just felt it needed no elaboration (could be hinted during their convo here or from ch37 but yeah, thats TMnR for ya~~).We can just draw the idea from that "chances of them bumping into each other are pretty high and that living together again is what they both desired"...

huuff..its masterpiece no matter how I look at it.. sure, this epilogue seems like forced but I don't think that way.. Its simply stating that when it comes to love, you need time to process it before you call it quits.. Well atleast thats how I perceive the idea of it.. That explains the time skip and vagueness.. At the end of the day, both finally realized that they are feeling the same way.. The other one was just pretty dumb to realize it sooner but then again, as I think, love takes time.. 💜

And sooo,its gonna be 10/10 now for me.. I love this...

@yuzhyuzh it is not realistic at all that most characters are useless masochists FOR YEARS OR DECADES.
Unless you live on a weird country that i have not heard of.

@Kabeidon that's why im saying that from my pov..not because you think they are useless masochists means people like these characters dont exist even at these times..it aint a number game anyway..
yep,maybe i live in a country you havent heard of yet..

Did mangala suddenly die and the publisher asked somebody else to quickly wrap up the story???

What is the actual fuck?

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, that was sweet, not giving up finally paid off for Uta. But what a long wait it was, wow. Well, I'm happy to see that Kaoru's changed and has become bold enough to kiss Uta, even if it required a few drinks.

I liked seeing this over the actual ending. Maybe the sllllightest bit but i do think this is fine, it just fell into place between the two of them no matter how you put it. Love is love. tMaR wrote a fantastic story. I wouldnt call it a masterpiece but this definitely deserves a ton of praise.

Users who are viewing this thread