Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 9.1 - The Great Hero

Dex-chan lover
c138be50873b253e993b4a3d7a35b3ce.jpg
Pg 12 definitely felt like a reference

Dex-chan lover
So just to over-analyze this chapter. Once Faust arrives he kills the carriage driver (likely thinking there are more boys in the carriage). He discovers it's just soldiers and bandits and notices one has a wounded leg. He takes a bolt to the cheek and then kills the crossbowman. You can actually see that the wounded soldier and the other woman in the carriage go flying, but notably are not cut in half like the crossbowman.

Meanwhile, one of Caroline's soldier's kicks her horse to force her to escape. This is likely who is taunting Faust in order to give Caroline more time to escape.

I'm not sure how I feel about the characterization of Caroline so far. The tears flowing out of the helmet and the dramatic and "noble" way she acts feel very different to her web novel counterpart. I wonder if this is a rewrite by the author to help better explain another specific character's personality.
All in all, it's certainly a departure from Caroline's isolation, despondence, and desperation in the web novel.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like there's something missing between ch. 8 and ch. 9. Since it's been a couple of months, I went back and reread ch. 8 to refresh my memory. The transition between the two chapters doesn't feel very fluid. It feels like there's missing content.

Dex-chan lover
There is a gap of 1 or 2 months between chapters .2 and .1. Between chapters .1 and .2 there are 1 to 2 weeks (this depends on the publication of the light novel, as the author is invested in adapting the light novel and the manga at the same time, which sometimes leads to publication delays for the manga).

The situation is therefore complicated for the author, who is publishing the continuation of his story on the web novel version (currently 249 chapters), in addition to rewriting his first arcs for the light novel (publication of volume 4 coming soon, which will adapt up to chapters 86 of the web novel) and supervising the manga (chapter 9.1 of the manga adapts chapter 14 of the web novel).

As for the manga's illustrator, he was originally a hentai artist who was making his very first non-hentai manga. He has yet to adapt to this new environment, having put his hentai career on hold for this manga.
art looks very SIMILAR to Fatalpulse, especially the booba consistentcy

Dex-chan lover
There's a difference between the author splitting chapters and the translation team splitting them, though. You'd be fine even without the apology.

Also, GOD DAMN is he strong!

That arrow scene is metal af but I think he could bleed out pretty badly without stitches lol

I’m no doctor but a lot of veins/arteries on the cheek right?
iirc most of the head is well protected by the skull, don't think the cheek is as high risk (though obviously not great to have a gaping hole in)
greater risks are your neck and the carotid artery getting got since that feeds your entire skull, and if that goes you're probably not living to see past 30 seconds

Dex-chan lover
As for the manga's illustrator, he was originally a hentai artist who was making his very first non-hentai manga. He has yet to adapt to this new environment, having put his hentai career on hold for this mamanga.
Any info on what was the artist hentai name?
art looks very SIMILAR to Fatalpulse, especially the booba consistentcy
You mean Asanagi right? I also see similarities, but art is rough enough for plausible deniability, or it really is someone else but clearly inspired by Asanagi.

Dex-chan lover
I know everyone hates splitting chapters but I don't know when the second half will be released in japanese. so I went ahead and uploaded this.
Its all good thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I suppose having him pause before starting to mow down the runaways would be weird but indiscriminately killing them is a bit much..
Those runaways are involved in raiding, looting, and kidnapping. They probably even raped those boys or turned a blind eye to it. They deserve no sympathy. Flip the sexes around: would you still think it was a bit much?

And regardless of their crimes, they're still threats to Polidoro's safety. They're not civilians.

Users who are viewing this thread