Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - An Incompetent Leader

Dex-chan lover
A sizeable portion of the opposing force consists of bandits, who will probably get routed when facing an unit of trained and coordinated fighters.
Bandits that decided to attack a village that had set up fences and defenders anyway. You can't just assume they'll completely rout because they're bandits. Especially in this case they're backed up by armored well trained soldiers.

Even if the bandits routed, that's still at least twice as many, maybe more against Valerie's group.

The ousted noblewoman's clique is also somewhat preoccupied with trying to hurry over the border with loot, slaves and possibly some wounded slowing them down, meaning that they're probably not interested in responding to smaller threats with full force.

So yeah, if they're on the defending end, or have favorable terrain limiting the size of attacking force, then they might just do it.
Valerie's group would have to not only catch but go ahead of the rebel group to set up a defensive position. If the rebels are running to Wallendorf to avoid Alexandra's army, they wouldn't bother with 30+ people desperately chasing after them that was hours behind them.

And even then, the characters think it's suicidal to chase with only 36 troops. Valerie don't count because if she died then the mission is fucked, so she'd have to be kept out of the way and protected.

You and @GryphusOne can say, "Oh they might win 3:1 odds if etc" but the characters already believe it's a fools errand.

And again, author is probably going to have the rebels show up somehow nearby instead, because Valerie and MC aren't going to win a pursuit against a much larger army.

Dex-chan lover
They might have a chance, if we apply the rule-of-thumb that you need a minimum of 3:1 advantage over a defending force to have a chance at beating them. If they can somehow force the bandits into attacking them in a well-fortified position, it might be possible.

MC has crossbows and his soldiers seem to be seasoned veterans. The royal guards are probably at least competent to have their titles, and are probably melee-focused if we go by their stereotype. They match the 3:1 ratio more or less. It would be wild if the author is actually going for this.
A direct battle in the fields in the fields would be a death sentence tho. With such low numbers, being encircled is near certain.

The marching song lyrics line up so well with how the drill sergeant did it in "Full Metal Jacket"

Dex-chan lover
This is the greatest gender swap/role swap story of all time. The author isn't even trying to make it funny... they are just swapping roles super well:

This is the historical equivalent of not letting the lady see how the boys behave in chat. In our world, Faust is supposed to be the only female knight with somewhat high nobility relatively speaking. And the prince leading the charge would try to accommodate her. Our MC being totally aware of these differences but still conditioned by our world has to make himself behave as a lady. And to the readers eyes it's ten times funnier when he is a big burly man. This is peak gender writing here.
Christ this is a massive overstatement. I really feel like people WANT this manga to be better/more interesting than it really is. the girls are acting like guys isnt being done any diffrent than in any other "role reverse" manga. calling this manga "peak" anything is wild to me.

Dex-chan lover
The writing has defiantly gone up a few notches in my opinion and is acutely turning into quite an exiting story, can't wait for the next chapter.

Thank you letmein1111 for the translation

Dex-chan lover
if she have some elite soldiers then she have a chance but the soldiers she bring a recon is just a common soldier

Dex-chan lover
Supposed fanservice with badly-drawn boobs and bodies, followed by excellent depiction of winding a heavy crossbow using a crank and decent portrayal of medieval politics... Someone should tell the mangaka to remove the boobs and add more war and politics...
Why wouldya go to war in a land without som tits? Ar ye a cuntless wench or a cockless ruffian?

Dex-chan lover
Shouldnt they at least track where the bandits are going while sending someone to the other army to maintain communications somehow?
Or the author might just have the bandits camp out somewhere and they just ambush them during the night.

Dex-chan lover
But when are they going to fortify a position when they're chasing a group that's main goal is escaping?

The fortified position you keep mentioning requires fortifications; walls, towers or at the minimum hard cover and obstacles against cavalry.

That takes time to build. Hours in fact, assuming there's easy access to materials. And now the bodyguards and Faust's house troops are tired from building fortifications and now have to fight a battle?

Not perhaps, they'd have to. You don't just full frontal assault a group that's three times your number unless you have a death wish.

And that's why the author had Faust, our MC, who has fought in bloody battles before, who understands their chances immediately say, "Please give the order for retreat."

Which would support them not attacking any fortified position anyway. So it'd still be a pursuit and the bandits would be defending, which means Valerie's group gets crushed.

And that loot includes boys/men from the village, which means hostages.

As I stated before the only way makes sense is the bandit and rebels are actually closer to the village than they think, or the rebels doubled back for some reason.
I'm not gonna bother going through this post and your next one by one, I don't think you understand what I've been trying to say. I'll just repeat this again but more clearly, with the hopes that you'll finally get it: assuming the 3:1 rule of thumb applies and assuming MC's group somehow manages to force the bandits into attacking them while they're in a fortified position, then they probably have a better than "absolutely dogshit odds" chance of succeeding, as you said earlier.

I didn't make any assumptions on how realistic this is because that's not my focus. I didn't wanna go into more specific details that have even lesser value to nitpick on. This is a fantasy manga, after all. The author can make it so that MC's group somehow pulls the above off, who's to say? All I'm saying is that your earlier assessment might be wrong for the above reasons. That's all there is to it, take it as you will. You can consider this an internet debate victory if that helps.

A direct battle in the fields in the fields would be a death sentence tho. With such low numbers, being encircled is near certain.
Assuming they're in the fields, sure.

Dex-chan lover
Page 4 I hear a lot of mangaka collect screen tones and always look for excuses to use them. If you found a Tibetan sand fox screen tone, you'd use it ever chapter.
F6RJKbD.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And again, author is probably going to have the rebels show up somehow nearby instead, because Valerie and MC aren't going to win a pursuit against a much larger army.
Well, knowing we are in a story, I suspect that the village headswoman is not telling the truth. She is deliberately exaggerating the power of the rebels to scare off the punitive force.
The MC saw through her, and recommended a retreat so that the headswoman would report to the bandits, and then they'll be able to track them down. How? Well, fancy knights might not know that, but it's strange for a mere village headswoman to fight on horseback, when the royal knights are going into battle on foot.

Users who are viewing this thread