Telework Yotabanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 17 - Keeping the Status Quo

Dex-chan lover
This series feels so dang wholesome, it leaves basically every other wholesome series I've read in the dust...

Double-page supporter
I wanted to see more segs scenes, these were so short (i hope segs wasnt)

Also why didnt they take eacothers phone number LOL

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know, this manga gives me some weird feeling with these baits of (probably) fake drama, it was the same with the fake "NTR" in early chapters and I think the author will do something like that again with this new cliffhanger, maybe with a rival or something like that.

Even if the manga is wholesome most of the time it screams NTR sometimes because of how the author tries to introduce some plot points.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know, this manga gives me some weird feeling with these baits of (probably) fake drama, it was the same with the fake "NTR" in early chapters and I think the author will do something like that again with this new cliffhanger, maybe with a rival or something like that.

Even if the manga is wholesome most of the time it screams NTR sometimes because of how the author tries to introduce some plot points.

It's really not though. If Ase to Sekken is anything to go by, the drama that pops up is generally mild and resolved in a mature manner in due course. The author doesn't seem to go for that sort of stuff. Besides, it began with the narration saying this was a story about how the MC met his wife, and we are introduced to Natsu straight away so I highly doubt there's any sort of bait and switch

Author likes her fluffy, mature romance and wants to take us along for the ride. Chances are Natsu returns and comforts the MC over the fact that she was just out of cell range or whatever and then they have lots of make-up sex.

Fed-Kun's army
It's really not though. If Ase to Sekken is anything to go by, the drama that pops up is generally mild and resolved in a mature manner in due course. The author doesn't seem to go for that sort of stuff. Besides, it began with the narration saying this was a story about how the MC met his wife, and we are introduced to Natsu straight away so I highly doubt there's any sort of bait and switch

Author likes her fluffy, mature romance and wants to take us along for the ride. Chances are Natsu returns and comforts the MC over the fact that she was just out of cell range or whatever and then they have lots of make-up sex.
That's what im thinking. Everyone is so conditioned by trash NTR and played out miscommunication and drama that people are expecting the worst. Realistically knowing the authors past work she just doesn't have service and her trip is taking too long. And, like you said, then shes gonna get back and they'll embrace and all will be well. People forget stuff like this can happen in real life too and it doesn't instantly mean NTR or similar. This author is fucking amazing and i wouldnt expect a bad turn like that at all.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to see more segs scenes, these were so short (i hope segs wasnt)

Also why didnt they take eacothers phone number LOL

If you hang around long enough you'll probably get your wish. Author did an all-but-official sexy times 18+ doujin for the end of ase to sekken (literally called something like "the baby-making book") that just was the characters spending the entire length having passionate sex.

Dex-chan lover
That's what im thinking. Everyone is so conditioned by trash NTR and played out miscommunication and drama that people are expecting the worst. Realistically knowing the authors past work she just doesn't have service and her trip is taking too long. And, like you said, then shes gonna get back and they'll embrace and all will be well. People forget stuff like this can happen in real life too and it doesn't instantly mean NTR or similar. This author is fucking amazing and i wouldnt expect a bad turn like that at all.

I almost feel like that's the intent of this. Everyone's filthy, manga-tainted minds go straight to NTR or being ghosted/abandoned but in the real world it's usually a far more mundane issue like there was no cell service or she just got really wrapped up in her work and didn't have time/forgot, so this is going to be the reminder that there's a lot of room between the worst-case, horny trash h-doujin plotline and what might actually happen and maybe everyone (the MC and the audience) need to take a step back and not assume the worst right away.

I keep going back to ase to sekken since it's the author's most recent significant work and it's the one I've read all the way through but IIRC any indication of rocky relationship drama got shot down almost entirely immediately or cleared up as misunderstanding. The only really lengthy drama that went on was Asako's self-esteem issues and we were privy to that the whole way through even when Kotaro wasn't so it never felt like it was meant to mislead us (instead we were there to watch each of them struggle with their own place in the drama until they finally came together and worked things out fairly quickly).

Aggregator gang
I hope nothing bad happened to her... So far I think Natsu is the funniest main character of Yamada Kintetsu! I love Ase to Sekken the most including each character individually, so what I mean is that I'm happy to discover another character from this author with a personality I didn't saw in Ase to Sekken nor Kasane to Subaru. Thanks for the translation!

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
segs.jpg

Aggregator gang
Stg if he gets ntr'd or cucked (based on his monolog in the first chapter) I'm gonna lose it

Double-page supporter
If you hang around long enough you'll probably get your wish. Author did an all-but-official sexy times 18+ doujin for the end of ase to sekken (literally called something like "the baby-making book") that just was the characters spending the entire length having passionate sex.
Wow i did read ase to sekken but didnt know that thank you, ill check it

Dex-chan lover
I never liked how quickly this author goes to sex, but I guess that’s just personal preference. Like, I appreciate they don’t drag out the confessions or buildup, but I feel like he glosses over a lot of the pre-coital relationship development that should be there. He does the same in Ase to Sekken, which I ended up dropping. I hope the sex remains a minor part of the story, while their antics take the main stage.

I mean we got the spoiler he will got a wife in synopsis, but who said it have to be Natsu he wifed in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread