Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 11 Ch. 64 - Funayama Tooru 3

Dex-chan lover
does the ones that remember the number of the chapter where that woman appeared, keep a notepad with the chapter numbers and notes, re-read the manga multiple times, or what?

Dex-chan lover
does the ones that remember the number of the chapter where that woman appeared, keep a notepad with the chapter numbers and notes, re-read the manga multiple times, or what?
Of course, that's what normal manga fans do, it's so good that rereading it is the best way to enjoy it

I remember what I read and if my memories are fuzzy I have a vague idea of what range of chapters something happens so I skim a few chapters till I find what I need and reread it. I'm invested in the story and care so even if I forget something I put in the effort myself to remember or remind myself.

Supporter
Ever since the anime started I feel like the quality of the manga has gone way down hill. This manga used to be great at show don't tell and now it's literally all expositions
I disagree. I think many things showed in the recent chapters are only how the people discussing are imagining things, but we deal at best with unreliable narrators. I suspect what really happened might be quite different to what is shown and that Ishiguro is only toying with his readers.

Supporter
Rereading this manga is a must.
Otherwise, you'll miss many details and a good part of the fun.

Group Leader
I mean if you don't care enough to remember that's on you, no? Why would the author care about you not caring? It's fine if you don't care, mind you, don't see how that's on the author though. The last time we saw Mikura was on chapter 48, and she's relevant/important enough at that point that it doesn't make her forgettable at all.
I care enough to remember but do you expect everyone to instantly remember someone (from a manga with hundreds of relevant characters) we last saw from a chapter two years ago? Good for you for having a photographic memory. Good job, here's a medal 🏅 But don't be so hard on someone who's obviously just cracking a joke. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What we thought Robin's expression meant when he saw Kiruko has changed a lot these last two chapters.
"Huh. I thought you were dead."
"Huh. I thought you were dead. I killed you."
"Huh. I thought you were dead. I killed you. And you know what I've done."

I loved that on top of these revelations there was a cute scene with Maru and Kiruko along with Tooru being a dad in his own way.

Dex-chan lover
This is a bit confusing. Because as far as I remember Manaka (The director) had been taking care of Maru since he can remember. So how did she fund this place yet no one recognizes Maru?

How does Maru not recognize this place?

Dex-chan lover
This is a bit confusing. Because as far as I remember Manaka (The director) had been taking care of Maru since he can remember. So how did she fund this place yet no one recognizes Maru?

How does Maru not recognize this place?
Bro what are you yapping about? She found Maru a little less than 5 months ago, Before the manga starts. He was taken from a group of children who belonged to a gang of thieves.

Double-page supporter
After reading some comments: No wonder the author went "Fine fine, here... In your face! Fuck it! Here is the current timeline table!" approach... Heck, now I understand why some manga/anime characters randomly start to monologue and summarize previous events or explain villian's motives etc. to another character...

Dex-chan lover
Oh, that's kind of a letdown. I feel like we had more interesting speculation for Robin's motivation in the last thread than what we ended up with. Robin is just seeming more and more like a walking plot device every chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I've reread this manga probably a dozen times and have made notes, yes, lol. That's part of the fun and how the author expects it to be read. There's very few manga or stories like this so it's important to appreciate them when they come along, but everyone here just seems to want to complain that it doesn't spoonfeed them enough.

Dex-chan lover
Mixed feelings in the comments :huh: Gotta admit I'd forgotten about her as well though, if I had to guess I'd have assumed her to be among the founders of the initial place where Maru's parents were raised but ig putting "new" there had a reason, so thanks for the peeps in the comments jogging my memory...
Nice chapter but a little annoying to see the "real" reveal being dragged out once again. On the other hand, I don't think Robin's motive for conducting man-eater experiments will really come as a surprise and Maru got the approval so I can live with that :pepela:

Thanks for the upload!

Dex-chan lover
For those who need help keeping track of the characters here are the most recent updated character charts.

07e9ffe386d7405a49b2c83af05ef4e7055c7ea3.pnj

3e35b6741045514753cb869515e38d904bf094d7.pnj

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
After reading some comments: No wonder the author went "Fine fine, here... In your face! Fuck it! Here is the current timeline table!" approach... Heck, now I understand why some manga/anime characters randomly start to monologue and summarize previous events or explain villian's motives etc. to another character...
Media Illiterate is real

Dex-chan lover
Another issue here is how many readers seem to think "Robin" is the only substory that matters and just "want the answers", maybe because they started from the anime or something.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn’t call it ignoring, more so there are currently things of higher priority right now. It’s kinda unfair saying she’s doing jack shit when currently everything with Robin (so far) rests within that camera which mind you, uses film. In this post-apocalyptic world how exactly is she going to find someone that can develop film or the materials to do it herself unless she just happens upon it. It would actively be a waste of both her and Maru’s time to pursue that when they have a solid lead and destination with Maru’s brother.
That's an assumption we you only make because the one person that can tell us how to develop that film, was cut off mid dialogue because Kiruko decided that she doesn't feel like taking care of things now!

Users who are viewing this thread