Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 34 - Inazaki Robin ➂

Double-page supporter
I think the fact they left Robin alone suits the characters. Kiruko genuinely just wanted to leave the facility and say what you want about her, but I think that was a final mercy from her to him. She never wants to see his face ever again but she isn't prepared to kill him. Not everyone seeks revenge and Kiruko has never been that kind of person. You can see it in her many fights with the monsters, especially the first fight from volume 1 where she held no grudges towards the innkeeper.

It's consistent writing and I doubt Kiruko would show the same mercy if they ever meet again.

I wonder if this new fang person is related to Maru's past somehow... Cause so far he's the only one who refers to the Man-eaters as Hiruko, right?

Fed-Kun's army
previously: rape as shallow excuse for male character to look badass. bad writing, but let's wait a few chapters; maybe the author will justify it somehow.

a few chapters later, we see the big payoff: it's that, and it's rape as catalyst for big romantic confession. two bad tropes for the price of one.

man. what happened here? Soremachi is still my favorite manga ever, last chapter makes me happy-cry, etc. -- and then there's this.

was Ishiguro brain-switched with someone after a karting accident? maybe that whole plot is a cry for help.

Like it or not, men prefer debt-free virgins without tattoos, and when a woman is raped, her appeal to men goes down, no matter how infinitesimally small that might be. And I've always wondered how to enact restorative justice for this, and I think slavery or a lifetime tax should exist as a punishment for rapists.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter

EDIT: reading the comments, I'm often astounded how everyone is a master story teller and harshly judge story every chapter from a renowned mangaka "Im GonnA dRop This nOw"
Also why is everyone so eager to kill every wrongdoer, certainly tropes exist where some unfinished business will come bite you in the ass, but there's also trope where kind gesture is repaid, and bad guys find a use, or guess what, we might even get surprised
Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Double-page supporter
i loved maru's reaction when kiruko told him not to kill robin, makes sense, dont know if kiruko has some lingering attachment or if they want to get some info out of robin in the future

what i didnt like, however is using this opportunity to make a shitty love confession that he had already made (and got rejected). awful timing dude

Honestly loved this.
also to those complaining about robins escape, i think it's necessary for kiruko's character arc, she's supposed to be the one protecting maru but time and time again it's often up to maru to protect her(like with the fish, or the bear) culminating in this current arc where maru has to rescue her from robin, she wants to be a person who can protect those she loves but is unable to and becomze victimized, so she hast to resolve her identity issues and become a person who can protect others and herself.

Double-page supporter
@jwanito I think it fits Maru dumb little self, he's had some unknown and probably unusual time growing up. And feels like that was his way of consoling Kiruko by telling her that he'll always have her back, no matter what happens even when quite literally her goal since being mauled by a monster have pretty much gone and backstabbed her in the worst possible way.

They both are bunch of naive idiots and easy to remember that they are still kinda kids themselves in the inside.

I can't wait for the raising baby arc. Maybe it will be filled with monster hunting as our virgin father mc will have to provide. Good move on sparing the real father and maybe he will feel bad and pay future child support, plus of all his future victims will thank you.

Dex-chan lover
After all that hell, they’ll be treated like criminals? Terribly unsatisfying way to leave Robin. Innocent kids suffer turn into monsters with gruesome ends, while he abused, terrorized and held captive someone that trusted him and was released in the end. Even though Maru was enraged by what happened, his talk was a gentle and accepting moment that she sorely needed.

Also I need to stop clicking spoiler tags, argh.

Dex-chan lover
Guess I will drop my theory here in case it's right later (if it's wrong I'll just secretly delete it lol)
-The deal of having Robin who always seemed to be the hero in Karuki's mind suddenly become this kind of villain is quite a cheap move to pull, so there's a chance that Robin's brain has been swapped with someone just like the case of Karuki and his sister.
-When asked why Kiruko didn't get out by herself immediately, the author asked readers back to think of Kiruko's feelings and the fact that Kiruko's begged Maru not to kill Robin pointed out there's something between Robin and Kiriko back then (explained why he said "your sister I have something to take care of") - source of the interview on Q33: https://soremachi.wordpress.com/202...guro-on-soremachi-tengoku-daimakyou-and-more/
-Also from the interview above, the author said he enjoys drawing Kiruko and Robin the most so, that's just too much attention for a mere cheap villain.

Dex-chan lover
I think the fact they left Robin alone suits the characters. Kiruko genuinely just wanted to leave the facility and say what you want about her, but I think that was a final mercy from her to him. She never wants to see his face ever again but she isn't prepared to kill him. Not everyone seeks revenge and Kiruko has never been that kind of person. You can see it in her many fights with the monsters, especially the first fight from volume 1 where she held no grudges towards the innkeeper.

It's consistent writing and I doubt Kiruko would show the same mercy if they ever meet again.

Completely agreed on this part, but I really hope there's more to this than just "oh look he's such a bad guy, we're going to make him rape the MC".

Like this is someone Kiruko trusted and has been searching for ever since (s)he woke up. And she's clearly hurt if not traumatized by his violence. And the resolution to that is just another guy giving a love confession and saying he'll protect her????? Fuck off with that shit.

Completely agree with @z3c9

Users who are viewing this thread