Tenkaichi - Nihon Saikyou Bugeisha Ketteisen - Ch. 30 - The End Of The Fifth Match

Dex-chan lover
I wasn't particularly fond of this depiction of Sasaki Kojiro and I'm glad this won't end with the typical Musashi v. Kojiro in the end of it all.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I've already asked this before, but this is just the first level of the tournament, right? While martial arts can reach transcendental levels here, the level of science/healthcare definitely has to be feudal Japan. Gotta suck if despite snatching victory in your match, you're missing an arm. Sure, the others you'll face will most likely also be incapacitated, but that to me doesn't embody the best fighting the best.
Maybe he'll get those prosthetics like in berserker with gadgets

Fed-Kun's army
Really didn't expect this outcome, but I'm glad to see it. Hanzo just has way more potential for interesting moves and situations. I doubt that Kojiro is actually dead though. Between how it's off-screen and how it would cut short the reference to the original story it seems unlikely.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, so hype. I wish it took less time to dish out a manga of this quality, but mostly I'm just so fucking stoked to be here, goddamn.

Dex-chan lover
Out of the winners so far, sumo guy and Yagyuu are basically uninjured, so the only fair fight would be both of them.

Dex-chan lover
possibilities:
  1. next round hanzo reveals his next trick: it wasn't his own arm but a fake arm that looks like his
  2. hanzo's opponent next round also loses an arm/leg so it's even.
  3. hanzo's next opponent is honorable/wants an even fight so he gives hanzo an advantage - like he lets hanzo prepare traps ahead of time
I mean Hanzo could just be like Hyakkimaru from dororo or just become Sekiro and have immortal dragon blade in his vein.

Dex-chan lover
NGL I though he lost this as all the fight before this is basically the young gen replacing the old(Honda/Toda/Sword god)

Dex-chan lover
i'm so fucking glad this isn't another musashi-kojiro jerking work, for now at least

Dex-chan lover
Naah I don't believe it, this is a combat to the death and the victory was called too early. Kojiro is going back up.

Dex-chan lover
hopefully Kojiro is still alive (likely) so he and Musashi can do a little bit of "swordfighting"

Dex-chan lover
He win and will die in next chapter why i got feelings like that, Hanzo you're the man😭

YEEEESSSSSSS THAT HANDSOME BASTARD DID IT!

I thought that this time, this time, the character that the mangaka was setting up as a major character had to be the winner. But by God I WANTED Hanzo to win. And now the mangaka has blessed my eyeballs.

Users who are viewing this thread