Tenkaichi - Nihon Saikyou Bugeisha Ketteisen - Ch. 30 - The End Of The Fifth Match

Dex-chan lover
quite a surprise that Kojiro would be out of the matches since you know. the epic battle in ganryu island between Musashi and Kojiro thingy. now let's see how the matches will play out after this because it will be weird as hell if author will just skip history entirely.

Dex-chan lover
This is probably going to be a "won the battle lost the war" situation for hanzo. But He did a good job regardless

Dex-chan lover
Uh, Kojiro lost but he just fell right? He could still be alive.
Didnt expect that win from Hanzo though.

Dex-chan lover
quite a surprise that Kojiro would be out of the matches since you know. the epic battle in ganryu island between Musashi and Kojiro thingy. now let's see how the matches will play out after this because it will be weird as hell if author will just skip history entirely.
Page 4 of chapter 1 states "This is not history as we know it." I have no citation for my next statement, but: I'm pretty sure I remember something somewhere stating that the premise of this manga is that it's totally free from historical truth and totally free to have genuinely unexpected tournament results, so there's very little plot armor? Something along those lines.

Oh yeah, this isn't exactly what I was referencing (I think it might've been volume end notes or something somewhere), but page 4 of chapter 7 explicitly emphasizes that Tokugawa, the guy who pretty much succeeded Nobunaga IRL and began the Edo Period, is already out of this tournament, so the timeline is already super deviated from the IRL timeline.

So it's perfectly possible in this timeline for Kojiro to die before fighting Musashi. What we've seen so far of Kojiro in the story pretty much fully explains why he eventually went after Musashi in the "main" timeline, so in this timeline he still acts on that sort of "fated" connection, but maybe he dies before ever fighting Musashi.

Although given how off-screen his "death" was in this chapter, he probably isn't dead anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Anyway tl;dr this ain't Vagabond. Vagabond has a big background suspense about the fight that we know will eventually happen (except it won't because Vagabond is abandoned lol), whereas this story has a big suspense about the fact that we have no idea what will happen.

I wonder if even Musashi has plot armor or not; his feats are certainly less impressive than some of the shit we've seen from other fighters already, since he's a very young inexperienced Musashi, so by the themes of the story it would be totally rational for Musashi to die. Then again, rereading chapter 7, he "awakened" pretty hard in his fight, tho he'd still be in over his head against some of the established experienced top tiers in the tournament. Page 58 shows that he'll fight Fuma Kotaro next (narratively not insanely top tier i think, tho she did beat a strong old guy in an upset), and then the winner of Yagyu Munenori (insanely high tier afaik) vs Nagamitsu Hino (ludicrously high tier), so at least he has Fuma as a stepping stone to try to get up to speed before the insane-tier opponent?

Very interested in who wins the next fight between an unimportant-looking guy with the nickname "One Hit Kill" and Yasuke the African samurai. Guessing and hoping Yasuke wins (rather than him jobbing to "One Hit Kill" just to establish his One Hit Kill status), but then who wins in the later fight between Yasuke and this ninja who just beat Kojiro?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
finaly, the mangaka REALLY wanted us to go "he will die" but what a tweest that damn thing
still, unless hanzo can pull a sekiro and make ninja prothesis, he is shit outta luck for the rest of the fights

Dex-chan lover
This fight is so hype to me. Even though I'm on Hanzo, I'm quite sad that Kojiro lose.

I also wonder how the next stage of fight will be. Like, they lose arm/leg/whatever I don't remember, it will be definitely be difficult for them.

Power Uploader
there's typo at last page with "TAKIGAWA" instead of Tokugawa...

Still we win hanzo bros

Woooooow. Kojiro got plot armored out of getting killed by Hanzo’s plan AND gets to live with no permanent injuries.
Hanzo had to cripple himself to get a victory that doesn’t even matter since he’s missing a hand and now probably loses any matchup we’ve seen so far.
Unless Hanzo gets a ninja prosthetic or something, this is some BLATANT favoritism.

Users who are viewing this thread