Tenkousaki no Seiso Karen na Bishoujo ga, Mukashi Danshi to Omotte Issho ni Asonda Osananajimi datta Ken - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Because You're Special

Supporter
Thanks for the translation.
There are several other chapters in RAW, so it's not that the manga is being axed for now or has been as far as I know. But I agree that this is a bit all over the place, not the best written one.

Dex-chan lover
Bro I will be beyond bummed if this gets axed.

Regardless of what happens, thanks for the scanlation!

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, this is not the end? The last pages, plus all the plot jumping and resolving makes it look like it was.

Dex-chan lover
if mom slaps you like that, slap her back. that's what my parents taught me :huh: (though I've taken their advice in that regard).

Dex-chan lover
Lol She doesn't wanna rely on Hayato because he's lonely and it make her wanna rely on him more? Then she asks the equally lonely girl to help her be stronger? What? Then she runs of into the sunset with Hayato just a few chapters later?! WTF is going on!?

Dex-chan lover
Suddenly all this content in one single chapter.
Are we speeding to a quick end?

Supporter
This chapter feels super disjointed, like theyre throwing out too many plot points in such a short span of time and things just get "resolved" super quick. I hope this gets better soon or else its ending up on the dropped pile
There's about two volumes of secrets from the source material getting spilled here all at once. I dunno if there's an incoming axe or they just wanted to jump ahead to later events.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
There are several other chapters in RAW, so it's not that the manga is being axed for now or has been as far as I know. But I agree that this is a bit all over the place, not the best written one.
From what I can gather from the comic-walker website for this manga... there's indeed one more volume's worth of chapters at least, up to chapter 26. But in the chapter list there's a headline titled "notice of suspension of publication" (according to Google Translate, I can't read Japanese). Opening it doesn't really provide much more clear info though: "I'm going to take a good night to work on the book... Hot spring because it's winter! Kina Oyama" (there's a hot spring pic with that text). Again that's Google Translate, so I dunno if it just means it's a temporary hiatus or something else.

Dex-chan lover
This -^

Why are they suddenly associating in public (After explicitly deciding they shouldn't)? Why not get her agreement before you do that?
What was kaido's whole gameplan? Was he just asking to get a clear rejection because he never actually asked her out before now (because he knew what the answer woudl be), and wanted a conclusion to help him put his feelings to rest? Or did he want to get less confessions by girls by making it very public who he is pining for?
What was that about her mother? I havent read in a while so forgot a lot of the details, but I really didn't remember that she lived alone, had a famous actress mother, and wasn't allowed to leave her apartment while her mom is away for months at a time and receive domestic violence form the mother. So that all felt very random, sudden and forced to me, as it got read as new plot points introduced out of nowhere.
So we already knew that she lives alone and has been alone for a while. We also know that there's something about the actress in the drama that bothers her. However, the actress being her mother, and her mother being abusive, those are both new in this chapter. But with finding out that Nikaido is born out of wedlock, it does kind of explain both her family situation and her mum's treatment of her.

Supporter
But with finding out that Nikaido is born out of wedlock, it does kind of explain both her family situation and her mum's treatment of her.
Being born out of wedlock does not explain her mother's attitude. Her treatment would be considered abusive in most occidental countries, even in this situation. I suspect she would have been abusive even within a marriage, as I suspect she probably only saw a child as an impediment to her career. It is however possible that she's the child of a rape.

Dex-chan lover
Being born out of wedlock does not explain her mother's attitude. Her treatment would be considered abusive in most occidental countries, even in this situation. I suspect she would have been abusive even within a marriage, as I suspect she probably only saw a child as an impediment to her career. It is however possible that she's the child of a rape.
Well I'm assuming that Haruki was born out of wedlock as an unplanned child, so her mum resents her for being born. I'm not defending or justifying her actions by any means, simply saying that with the situation as we currently understand it, there is potentially a reason for her mother's actions. A bad reason is still a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread