Tensai Majo no Maryoku Kare - Vol. 3 Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
First of all -- she really is a genius witch to want to explore a new emotion in earnest.

Second, what she's doing is an actual thing you can do. It's called "Mindfulness". It's when you step outside of experiencing something to observe how you're feeling about it and process it mentally. It's at an intersection of psychology and zen spirituality. It can help a LOT with things like anxiety. And sometimes, yes, it can be a happy thing to feel like you're in control of the situation and to be able to use your whole cognition to grapple with a problem.

Honestly, this is part of why I find Nayu so compelling for what could easily otherwise just be a manga cliche smug girlfriend: she's intently self-aware and inclined toward self-improving.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I don't care for girls like her, but I can respect her. The way that she experiences joy at new discoveries proves that she genuinely earned her title of Genius Witch, and it wasn't just because of talent, a desire of superiority, or her rare mana type. She actually enjoys research and discovery.

Users who are viewing this thread