Tensai Majo no Maryoku Kare - Vol. 3 Ch. 50

Dex-chan lover
It's not dumb that it was removed, as said before, genderswap isn't part of the premise of the show. It's just device used in some of the chapters as gag. Just compare this to Ranma 1/2 or kampfer and you will see the difference.
I would accept your point if genderswap were listed as a Genre on MD and not a Theme.

Genderswap is a recurring Theme in this manga and thus the tag is appropriate, because said theme is present and recurring. I would agree it's not part of the Genre itself like your two examples.

(and yes it is a genre at this point -- those two examples and something like Onimai are something people come to those works for, as opposed to just being an incidental detail like in this manga)

Dex-chan lover
Sesbian Lex
In time, in time...
But why are males not allowed in there?
~~Sexism~~ "Positive discrimination"
To be fair, aren't all witches women? I wouldn't be surprised if originally only witches were allowed, but eventually accepted women in general since it was a bother checking if everyone is a witch.

The gender bender potion might be too recent so they didn't adapt yet, that or they just went like "eh, fuck it" just as long as the man use the potion.

Of course the most likely explanation is that there is no explanation and the mangaka didn't think too deep about it :thonk:
It's only been a couple of chapters since we've discovered all witches are overwhelmingly horny for little boys. If a cute boy were allowed in there'd be a flash flood.
But what if it's an adult man that shows up?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!
I find it interesting that the witch association installed a "male detector" gate despite this turn-into-a-girl drug being something you can buy over the counter from them. I guess they don't care about your actual gender so long as you're a girl for their event. Which... yeah, fair enough I guess. That's one way to sell more of the drug to people.
Look at it this way. If men were allowed normally, they would probably be flirting with every witch and woman they saw. But this way? Now there's no way to know if the person you're flirting with is actually a woman or just a man who took the drug to attend. And if someone else is flirting with you instead, you don't know if you're being hit on by a man or a woman. While I'm sure a lot of people here in these comments wouldn't care either way, for anyone that's only attracted to one gender it's just not a risk worth taking. So that's at least one way to keep people from acting out and causing problems, I guess?

Dex-chan lover
I would accept your point if genderswap were listed as a Genre on MD and not a Theme.

Genderswap is a recurring Theme in this manga and thus the tag is appropriate, because said theme is present and recurring. I would agree it's not part of the Genre itself like your two examples.

(and yes it is a genre at this point -- those two examples and something like Onimai are something people come to those works for, as opposed to just being an incidental detail like in this manga)
You're being incredibly pedantic knowing full well the guy you responded to is fully right. Judging by your previous comments you just really like genderbends and series where gender identity is fluid general. Just go read actual series focusing on that.

Dex-chan lover
Komugi has studied magic under Nayu and was said to be able to feel magic when brushing Furuu
Yeah but nothing was ever said that he can actually use magic, I know this might sound like a weird argument, but I don't remember even once we getting even a mention of a man using magic, so I always thought he learned it because he simply liked the subject.

Like, he studied under the great witch and not even once he showed the result to her? That's one reason I always assumed he can't use magic.
also had another magic teacher before Nayu, I don't remember if it was explicitly said but I had the impression it was an old man
I'm very sure it was never specified and I'm gonna call it now, his previous teacher is another cute girl in love with him.

First, that is weirdly sexist.

Second, does that mean males are not consider witches or do they just have less privileges?

Dex-chan lover
You're being incredibly pedantic knowing full well the guy you responded to is fully right. Judging by your previous comments you just really like genderbends and series where gender identity is fluid general. Just go read actual series focusing on that.
Genderswap is classified as a Theme on this site, not a Genre. And it's a recurring theme in this story, ergo it's missing a tag. Nothing I said was wrong or inaccurate. I'd be perfectly fine if MD classified genderswap as a Genre -- and it really should at this point, given the prominence of works like Onimai and newly-relevant Ranma 1/2. I would even agree this work shouldn't get tagged as such if it were listed as a Genre. But so long as it's listed as a Theme, I'm going to continue pushing for this even if you disapprove. Because it is still a recurring theme in this work, regardless of any non-sequitur speculations on my character or interests.

Besides, sometimes pedants are necessary. It's practically a requirement to be a librarian or Wikipedia contributor. Or even a game designer. Our lives would be poorer without pedants doing their hard work.

EDIT: Also, if you're going to remove the tag from this manga, there's a LOT of other ones it needs removal from. Be it ones with just crossdressing or some extremely vanilla isekai shounen works where it literally just happens for one chapter and never again. At least it happens multiple times in this manga.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
First of all -- can we get the genderswap tag back yet? It was dumb it was ever removed without first checking later in the raws. Which I have, and yes, this isn't the last time that medicine makes an appearance. I think the fact that Komugi sometimes is a girl is just life now. A very good life because I want a gentle soul like Komugi's to be part of any future yuri proceedings.

Second... I find it interesting that the witch association installed a "male detector" gate despite this turn-into-a-girl drug being something you can buy over the counter from them. I guess they don't care about your actual gender so long as you're a girl for their event. Which... yeah, fair enough I guess. That's one way to sell more of the drug to people.
You want to add a tag just because it occurs intermittently? I would argue that's a bad idea, as tags are meant to convey more info than merely which tropes or gimmicks makes appearances.

A gender-swap tag means that it is in some way integral to the story. Much like you don't tag something erotica just cause there is a singular (or rare few) sex-scene, or a boob or genitals showed up (hell, if it is the latter, done in a short, concisely and tasteful manner ...you don't even tag it as "suggestive"), you also wouldn't tag it gender-swap if it only shows up a couple times and those are not particularly about that.
It is the same reason "t roub-le" (to love-ru) is not tagged gender-swap, despite several arcs being about him lucky-sukebeing from beign transformed into a girl

Now, if there was an entire arc where it was more integral to the story, than merely part of the setting (so unlike this chapter)? Or it showed up often, and again, not just part of the setting of that scene? Then it would make sense to add the tag.

Basically, it is important to remember that tags have 2 purposes: discoverability, and getting a sense of what the story is about before picking it up (impression of the story's themes). If you search for the tag, then this is not the manga you are searching for. And if you see the tag on this manga (as it is so far), then you get a very incorrect impression of what it is.

edit:
It is? I assume you are talking about future chapters, because so far it has very much not been a theme of the story. Merely a recurring gag taking place in the background (much like akari not being noticed, or those hair-balls on akari's head).

Or are you using "theme" to mean "gimmick" or "trope"?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I would indeed contend that knowing later chapters and what happens in their raws should be considered when applying tags to a work, yes.

And "theme" is indeed a very vague term. But take it up with MD for it, because my definition of "theme" is as good as anyone else's. And I do think "genderswap" as a theme in the sense of "gender exploration" applies to this manga.
Komugi wants to explore some girl activity stuff in earnest. Nayu, knowing genderswap tropes, wants to fluster him. I'll say in the end it's an UNO reverse, as can be expected with these two.

Dex-chan lover
First, that is weirdly sexist.

Second, does that mean males are not consider witches or do they just have less privileges?
I think the male-equivalent for witches are called warlocks, but since we see more girls being in possession of magic in this series than guys, I don't know if there's an association for them, let alone existing.

Also, with the genderbent drug making rounds, that device will prove to be pointless should some ill-intended consumers be seen causing a ruckus at these exclusive events.

Banned
Genderswap is classified as a Theme on this site, not a Genre. And it's a recurring theme in this story, ergo it's missing a tag. Nothing I said was wrong or inaccurate. I'd be perfectly fine if MD classified genderswap as a Genre -- and it really should at this point, given the prominence of works like Onimai and newly-relevant Ranma 1/2. I would even agree this work shouldn't get tagged as such if it were listed as a Genre. But so long as it's listed as a Theme, I'm going to continue pushing for this even if you disapprove. Because it is still a recurring theme in this work, regardless of any non-sequitur speculations on my character or interests.

Besides, sometimes pedants are necessary. It's practically a requirement to be a librarian or Wikipedia contributor. Or even a game designer. Our lives would be poorer without pedants doing their hard work.

EDIT: Also, if you're going to remove the tag from this manga, there's a LOT of other ones it needs removal from. Be it ones with just crossdressing or some extremely vanilla isekai shounen works where it literally just happens for one chapter and never again. At least it happens multiple times in this manga.
It is not a theme or genre here. Many manga also have poop jokes and other recurring gags like this , doesn’t mean that the manga needs a poop theme or tag. It is just a gag, comedy. Go and read gender bender shit somewhere else.

Dex-chan lover
Forget everything else:
The image of wolf girl crying because she couldn't go, hurt my soul.

DON'T MAKE WOLF GIRL SAD.

Dex-chan lover
If i was obsessed with gender bender and then saw this series with a gender tag but didnt have any gender bender in the first 10 chapters and also not majorly part of the plot, id say it was mistagged. Just like how i get angry when theres only 1 anal scene in a 50+ page hentai with anal tag...

Users who are viewing this thread