Tensei Goblin dakedo Shitsumon aru? - Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Girl, trim those toenails.

Also interesting that demons are fraternizing with elves. Reminds me of Dragon Quest 4

Dex-chan lover
Every time I see how long their arms are compared to the rest of them I feel like they're supposed to run on all fours...

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion Iirc there are some works that classify all magical beings like fairies and elves as being part of demon/magical society.

@Sep10trion Well humans are definitely a threat to other races with them seemingly being the only ones able to create weapons that can instakill a specific race. You would want to get rid of such people wouldnt you?

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion For all we know, those are also demons as far as this setting is concerned. Often quite a lot of variation in the demon race(s) of a fantasy world. Sometimes it's just anything not human.

You called the woman.....Dike? As in, dyke? Come on man.

Dex-chan lover
@zz2000 Considering the original meaning for demon is anything supernatural, Elves and Fairies would fit that definition. To go further, even gods and angels would be consider demons because that's what they are, supernatural.

Ugh, I really hate how this guy just lets people off after they attacked him. This is the most annoying thing about Japanese MC with their stupid morals.

They are trespassing on your land. They are armed and dangerous. They threatened to kill you. They kidnapped three girls.

Illegal Trespassing.
Armed with a deadly weapon.
Assault with a deadly weapon.
Kidnapping x3.

It's absolutely justified if he killed them all and said it was self-defense. I understand he needs to look as harmless as possible to the humans nearby, but they also need to understand that if people waltz in and commit crimes on his land they'll be dealt with. Using extreme force if necessary.

Aggregator gang
@Omnicast

I fully agree that Japanese isekai MCs are typically overtly submissive to the point of being unnatural. That’s not the case here exactly as it’s supposed to be him managing the expectations so they don’t have a war declared against their existence (I would argue he’s basically under permanent siege at this point).

Even if he does kill them, why do they so often just get to run away?
Even basic logic would dictate they’ll probably do the same to some other people in the future.

Literal fire at their backs and they somehow get away? Um, Mr Writer, you fucking suck.

Any spoilers on what the prince's ability is? I don't get his full potential other than it reminds (?) A bit of time

Dex-chan lover
I know he speculated that the prince had a skill to "nullify" the law of the jungle, which is a pretty logical deduction, but with this chapter making it sound like he's fairly confident about the prince's ability to rewind, that seems like quite the leap for him to make. There's probably any number of ways you can think of nullifying an ability that don't require you to be able to do something as crazy as turning back time.

Dex-chan lover
@glassedboi Not technically a spoiler since it's a theory but, it looks like he can reset anything he might consider a mistake within 7 or 8 seconds, he remembers and everyone else forgets. I think it might have a cool down on it based on him saying he only has about a 50/50 chance of winning in a fight against the MC, because if he could retry over and over, he would eventually have a 100% win chance since he's at the level of being able to fight the demon lord. Some other theories I had is that he gets 8 resets on cd, he has 8 "lives" on cd (i.e. setting a checkpoint and every time he "loses a life" it returns to the checkpoint), or he can only use the skill 8 times on any one person/monster/thing but it can rewind everything during the interaction (for example, rewind an ongoing conversation). I say on cd because it would be far less useful if it was limited to 7 or 8 total uses and then poof, no more skill.

Users who are viewing this thread