Tensei Goblin dakedo Shitsumon aru? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Contributor
Slime but with the references to how all the girls love the main character is within the first chapter before even demonstrating any kind of skill or power or becoming the leader of a nation. Just listing off a number of skills. No story build up, no introduction of other characters, just slobbering on the MC knob from the get go.

This is going to be shit, instantly followed.

If he's still a goblin virgin despite already being, like, super ancient by their standards, does that mean he's not a wizard by now, but... what? The Grand Archmage? Sorcerer Supreme? God of Magic?

He's becoming a demon lord huh?

goblin-slayer-quotes-in-the-end-the-only-good-goblins-are-the-ones-who-never-come-out-of-their-holes-goblin-slayer-1024x1024.jpg

Rimuru:"Died because of a trainé as well huh?"
Goblin: "Yeah, feels bad. Anyways, who we fighting again?"
Rimuru:"He calls himself Goblin Slayer"

MD@Home
@FanGAWL well to be fair Rimuru's foe would be a certain witcht aht has lived for 300 eyars, killing slimes all that time

Dex-chan lover
Can be fun to read, despite a few flaws:
- Intense feeling of "deja vu" from the slime tensei. Not an exact copy-paste, but god does it feel similar. With his skill set, he could go through the exact same path as Rimuru. Just make one of the skills a shapeshifting (or maybe just disguise) one and you have it.
- What's with these "glasses"? They look like they're just frames. Couldn't we either drop them or fill the frames? Anything, at least once in a while, to show that they have a function.
- Things are a little too fast for this first chapter. "I've just reincarnated and after a week or two I've got 270 skills." This could have been elaborated a little. At the very least, show him receiving the healing skill. This reeks of the current trend where the MC has to become OP by the first few pages. Personality development is minimal and skill progression goes from 0 to over 9000 in a single chapter.

That said, "reincarnated as a goblin" is not a first. Re:Monster did this already, although I never quite liked the fact that the MC of Re:Monster was already OP before reincarnated. It felt like he simply went from "human monster" to "monster monster". In this case at least we have a normal human at the core, so it's a better start in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
so next build monster town then became demon lord?
tensura too much
or became like re:monster?
well its still interesting for me

@Wyrm Although I agree with everything else, I think they are empty intentionally. As someone who probably wore glasses his whole life, he was probably more comfortable with glasses, so made frames. At the same time also giving him a unique look. (at least I've never seen a goblin with glasses.)

Double-page supporter
Hopefully he can expand those 80 years.... i mean, its WAY to little for living in an isekai where elfs can live over 1.000

Dex-chan lover
@Glenyty
As someone that has to wear glasses I will tell you I would cry tears of joy if I suddenly reincarnated and had perfect vision.

Hell, I would, if I could easily afford it there, buy glasses, just to take them home and stamp on them under my boots while laughing maniacally.

Used to glasses or not. You still miss around 20% of the visual range because glasses can't cover up the eyes completely. It is a necessity, not habit.

And being nearsighted has 0 positives, and i am pretty sure it is the same the other way around.

Rou from Re: monster, Rimaru from slime tensei, and this guy take their goblin villages to form a coalition against Gobiln Slayer. Anymore goblin related manga that can join? They need all the help they can get.

He is the world's oldest goblin! Sounds weird, but it works. Better that than being a mayfly like they normally are.

@Elmithian
it may feel crazy for us who have to wear glasses, but there are some weirdos that wear clear glasses for fashion.
clearly masochism.

Users who are viewing this thread