Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life ~Daini no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~

This manga moves at a breakneck pace compared to the LN, tried to jump into the LN, saw there were almost 200 chapters and thought "Awesome, should be plenty of content to get into"... nope. Ch 21 in the manga lines up with about Ch 140 in the LN.

Edit: I've read a few chapters, and yeah, it's not the manga's fault. Nothing happens in this LN. There's like a single conversation per chapter, even if that conversation is just a business transaction.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, the only reason I'm still reading this is for Proud Wolf.

Dex-chan lover
ngl the only big issue here is the fact that you have no fucking clue why the protagonist does what he does
like he doesn't have any motivation to do stuff other than that inconveniences show up at his doorstep every time the last one ends
which ig is a change of pace from the usual "i want to save my friends/love/world" or "i want to make a harem/return home/live quietly"
but it's still a bit off putting

@pucci83 yes. MC casting spells way beyond his limits and entering -200,000~ mana state; becomes slightly dizzy for it (this happens in the very first chapter); then later he's casting the same exact spell for less than 1000 mana.

In the very latest chapter, protagonist is told some meat costs 1000$ per kg, when he asks if he can buy the guy's entire stock of 2000kgs, he's quoted a price of 700,000$;

Just superb math and logic all around, protagonist pulls power out of his asshole to wield power far beyond his means (that is then suddenly well within his means when it seems like it shouldn't be by a long shot?..) and pays no penalties for his shenanigans, not to mention he's completely fuckin stupid. A tamer that never tames any monsters, a grand mage that never uses magic for anything outside of combat, a great melee fighter that never fights in melee, but perhaps worst of all, a man with absolutely no ambition that travels the world and does adventurer stuff for no discernable reason beyond the first couple of chapters
(after which he is of course, as usual in these kinds of stories, filthy stinkin rich and has no reason to keep living like a glorified pest exterminator...)

Double-page supporter
Licensed by Square Enix

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixBooks/status/1370734138223828992

MD@Home
The story is as dull as the protagonist.
I like deadpan characters, but this protag is hard to even describe as a character by the simple fact that he has no character. Deadpan can be a trait, but it doesn't work by itself.

Kinda dull but the at least the manga didn’t just give up and continues and average of 50 pages instead of some monthly mangas that contain 5 pages per chapter even though their first was like 60 pages. So because of this I give 10/10

Dex-chan lover
I honestly feel sorry for the artist who's drawing this. Like jesus christ it must be torment crowbarring such a dull story into something readable.

@Montyblanc This explains a lot. The original author probably just pads it out to keep readers.

the story feels like 0815 somehow but its not really 0815
the only reason i like this is cause he used cool magic once and somehow survived it here we go again with the 0815 stuff (his stat under 0 so he should be dead)

The series have a lot of pros unexpectedly
- A lot of pages per chapter
- There is at least a plot to keep it in touch
- Purely adventure without harem whatsoever
- Stay as adventurer despite going for 4 towns already
- The mc grows up on me, he is strategically good and not stupid nor naive (to a certain point)

the only withdrawn i got was first impression (read as chapter 1) which is pretty average and didnt leave a good taste. Ah also, the power balance of this world is too cliche.

let me remind you lastly this is a brain off series

Why is this rated so low? Generally speaking low ratings are due to thoughtless terrible additions or needlessly tacky characters but this is just a decent isekai. It's not a masterpiece but it is a fun enough read

Users who are viewing this thread