Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru ~Jakushou Ryouchi o Uketsuida node, Yuushuu na Jinzai o Fuyashiteitara, Saikyou Ryouchi ni Natteta~ - Vol. 1…

@Koyomiya Try fasting, starving for a few days. Hunger, suffering changes perspectives quite quickly.
And she didnt refuse pity, she accepted the money, no probs. Others also abudantly pointed out while this whole situation and her character (as well as the MC's) is an unrealistic mess.
If she is a well of, succesfull bandit leader, sure, she can afford to preach. As she is, her actions are more in line with a spoiled, sheltered princess who hasn't suffered a day in her life.

when you got spoiled by your everyday rich life , you will forget the cruelty of the world
until the world remind you again

Dex-chan lover
She got dealt a bad hand by the nobles and I can't blame her suspicion, but the tirade she gave Ars just isn't very good and feels ham-handed in presentation.

@Elroy79 Yeah, it didn't sit right with me either how he so easily backed off. I thought he would try to convince her even more when he saw the kids (as clumsy as their introduction is in the story). They were literally both a motivation and an avenue for him to win her over.

@Adokun More like every uneducated weary slum person in the history of this world, I wonder why you chose "NPCs in the US" 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Dex-chan lover
I really want to get into vtuber but I don't even understand Japanese lol

I'm into Lulu's stream lately, really liking her soft voice and calm demeanour, but there aren't that many English translation of her stream. Or is there some sort of a sites that collect English translated vtuber stream?

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 we non-japanese viewers usually subsist solely on fansubs - many of which circulate youtube and bilibili (though, bilibili might be non english)

if you're looking for english youtubers, there are several (IronMouse comes to my mind). If you're looking for specifically those under Hololive Agency, then I would reccommend Moona, Iofi and Risu of Hololive Indonesia. Due to the relative obsecure nature of the indonesian language, they also speak japanese and english, so some streams are marked depending on which language will be used dominantly (on top of them translating themselves into these languages regularly)

@hokito

It doesn't need to be 'every uneducated weary slum person', it applies to anybody who's status is below somebody else's.

I chose NPCs in the US because they are currently the most vocal and loudest cancer in the history of the world. They could belong to middle class and still have things to complain about, despite the fact that there are people in the same country who has it worse than them. The NPCs complaints about their living conditions is a luxury for people from third world countries.

Dex-chan lover
@DrLangren she accepted the money for the kids. But she personally rejected the original notion when it involved her alone and his offer to join him as a vassal. Plus she can’t leave the kids. Her logic is based on her distrust of nobles and her desire to be there for the kids.

Whether or not her decision is stupid is a different story, but living a life like this and growing blind resentment is reasonable.

Dex-chan lover
You know what would be hilarious slave-wise? If someone bought them all, armed them with weapons, then freed them on the spot in front of the slave dealers. Has that happened yet?

Fed-Kun's army
@Xoldin, @Kuraiaku, you two both know slavery still exists, right? It's just changed to "human trafficking" in most "civilized" places. But yes, isekais like to drop it in medieval settings or you could say ancient settings where slavery was a thing for a variety of reasons, not necessarily the way these stories show it.

@Rayster, interesting point about her ambition rating influencing her world view. I get what you're saying, but the problem is the MC offered no comeback for a thiritish year old in a child's body. That means if he did some moderate reading and thinking in his previous life, he should have the ability to think through her argument and counter it in some way. At the very least, he could've offered some sanctuary seeing she was in trouble to counter her argument. He didn't do any of that making any revelation after this seem forced by the author.

@kaminomikan, you sound just like the character in the story making flimsy arguments about class, etc. Are all poor people the same? Are they all criminals, etc. because they're poor? See how that generalization works?

@Koyomiya, it's childish, narrow-minded and stubborn of her not to be able to think outside her self-created echo chamber. She has another person who was on the streets standing before her as an example that the MC may, just may, not be someone she can be prejudiced against because of his class. It's interesting that she's judging him just like she's judged. Also, as someone else pointed out, she took the money so she had no problems being pitied. She just didn't trust the MC because of his class. She could've maintained his trust and accepted his help for the sake of the kids if she was able to think outside of her warped reasoning.

@Adokun, I agree 100%

@Izarlos, I think this is more so the author forcing the issue and not necessarily in an organic way, the MC forgetting the cruelty of the world because of his current privilege. I mean, if I recall, the MC's whole goal is to ensure the safety of his area, which includes the people within it. Sure, you could make an argument he may not have been aware of people living on the street and thus, this reminded him that he needs to include that in that goal, but if an enemy overtakes them then the people on the street are at just as much at risk as the rich people, or even more so.

@Terisone, I agree, the argument she gave Ars was very forced and not well thought out by the author. What worried me is I thought I'd come in the comments and there'd be plenty of people agreeing with her because of how people view classism and the "us vs. them" syndrome. Ars being a thirty something man in a child's body should have come up with a better counter. At the very least, when he saw the children he should've offered some kind of sanctuary for the children. That was obvious the weak spot for the girl.

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion
964hyZJ.gif

(A Song of Ice and Fire, in case you really don't know)

Dex-chan lover
I probably haven't seen a single even semi-accurate depiction of slavery or poverty in manga, so none of it probably has any real bearing on issues IRL. This is all just dumb fantasy shit.

Fed-Kun's army
@kaminomikan, not if we're speaking in generalizations, it doesn't. Even outside of that, the poor are usually the have not's, the have not's are usually the ones in which the image of criminal activity are imprinted on them by society for a variety of reasons. The point I was making to you is that all of the have not's don't resort to crime to acquire the things they're missing and/or need in life so making a judgement about them across the board like people do with the have's is a hasty generalization. A logical fallacy.

Lol this girl is a thief yet she goes around preaching nobles oh so righteously. Of course you'd get chased when you broke into someone's house to steal their things. Even if she wasn't a slave and the house owner is not a noble she would still get beaten up.

Fed-Kun's army
@twinklecake, I know right, but it doesn't make sense to impose modern morality about slavery into a story and world setting that is not our own. Not to mention, again, seems most people forget, slavery still exists in our own world.

@kaminomikan, sure.

Users who are viewing this thread