Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru ~Jakushou Ryouchi o Uketsuida node, Yuushuu na Jinzai o Fuyashiteitara, Saikyou Ryouchi ni Natteta~ - Vol. 1…

Double-page supporter
Hey I see where she is coming from and its nice to see the MC being mindful.

Now the story must go on. Save her. Buy her. Get that chick into your forces. Hahaha

Double-page supporter
Welp, surprise! She got caught!
I would 'never' have expected that.

She broke into a noble's building, was seen and even caught.
Her identity was definitely recorded.
Therefore her being a criminal who offended a noble and her thus being turned into a slave have also already recorded by the organisation responsible for keeping law and order.
So her 'running away' is basically the same as a jail break in our world.
Hence she was a fugitive criminal according to law.
As such not only the slave merchant and his subordinates but even all guards of the town being on the lookout for her is the only logical conclusion.
Who would have thought that she would actually get caught in that situation if she does not leave the town.....
🙄

This is idiotic. An uneducated, starving, on the run teen(?) girl refusing an offer for safety and food... for what? Pride? And then start preaching to a noble kid about his idealistic 'someday', while she herself does nothing. No question if she could take the other kids with her, etc, just flat out refusal for her personal 'dislike'. Doesnt make sense.

Dex-chan lover
@Talh everything you said is obvious but when you actually say it outloud then it really makes her look asinine lol

She would have been waaay better off going with Ars under the condition he takes care of the kids too.

This is seriously stupid.

The girl refuses safety because of some nonsensical pride, and the MC fails to remember that along with his privileges he has duties, and will be defending this land in the upcoming war.

Fed-Kun's army
Wheewww, wipes brow. Glad to see many in the comments get it. Her argument was ridiculous. Even if she felt that way, it would've made far more sense to, at the very least, use the noble handing you things and offering you a job to pick yourself up rather than choose to stay on the streets. But of course, as obviously indicated by the end, the author wanted to create animosity between her and MC so he could come around and be the hero later.

@Talh, I thought that too. I'm like you're not going to try to use one noble to counteract another and get yourself out of trouble? Instead, you're just going to hang around in the streets knowing one noble is out to get you and you're powerless to do anything about it. And then there's the MC, he didn't offer any counters, even if he felt inside she was right, once he saw the children and knew she was in trouble, he didn't offer anything to actually help the situation. I mean it's thankful they didn't take the kids too.

Dex-chan lover
@Xoldin it's more like people just parroting each other without thinking too deeply into it, it's basically becomes a trope which people used because everybody else is doing it. Some of them put the trope into good use, but some other indeed just didn't do it justice. It's also kind of the easiest way to portray depravity of the medieval ages where society is still at it's infancy.

Kinda can't read Ars without pronouncing it as arse...

I think the girl's pessimistic views/approach and trust issues have a lot to do with her extremely low ambition status (which is only 1), which she basically kinda gave up on life (meaning no life direction and target aka ambition, and acting recklessly, kinda dead inside as clearly shown with her emotionless face and opinions).
The orphans are the only reason she's still around due to her conscience and empathy for them, and all of that make perfect sense for me.
The decisions and choices she makes, the attitudes and behaviors she has, are surely not smart and beneficial, but I can see how "human" and vulnerable she is and not in the right state of mind/heart. MC needs to earn her trust and boost her ambition before she would actually follow anyone with that ambition status and state of mind, which that event is happening in next chp I guess. Her character is actually convincing for me in both gaming and realistic senses. If she suddenly just trusted and followed MC or even feel like she could trust MC (or MC's family/parents) as a noble enough that somehow her negotiation (to have the kids come along) get fulfilled/exploited would make me feel everything's too convenient/easy, NAIVE and out of place as if it doesn't really need a strategy/event for recruitment.

Dex-chan lover
all nobles are the same, and he isn't different. Someone that is in a privilege position would never understand those that live like her.

Dex-chan lover
It isn’t nonsense to refuse help from a noble class you distrust and literally find disgusting. It's completely reasonable to refuse to be pitied.

Dex-chan lover
WN version of this is much better... in that there's completely none of this current 'plot'.

She sounds like those NPCs in the US.

1. Commits crime and blames status she was born in.
2. Complains about the rich, but is fine accepting charity.
3. Disillusioned that the 'rich' have infinite wealth and should be able to make changes immediately.
4. Gets offered a job, and complains she doesn't want to be used as a 'tool'.

I would like to remind everyone that the "kid" used to be a 35 year old man. Why the hell is he acting like a kid that suddenly finds out the world isn't perfect? and why is he so excitable and prone to changes in moods like a kid?

Of course she got caught, she's an idiot. Instead of improving her lot by getting a job and a salary, she wants to hide in the slums and get along by stealing. If the slavers hadn't caught her, the cops would have.

Users who are viewing this thread