Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
@maffo666: I think the 10% might be sales tax.

Which would mean the actual profit split is 50/50 (20% of the price to Cain, 20% actual profit going to the store)

Dex-chan lover
Still the idea of this world not having anything like this is strange. People play games, its a basic part of life. I mean what were these gods doing all this time... did they just not have a god of games? Does someone need to call the Pharaoh? Though i guess with his hair he can be a Yugi-lite.

Seriously though, people in caves had rudimentary games they played. These guys have whole castles and cities around them with a million people...

Dex-chan lover
@Merilirem That's only in our world due to the way our civilization advanced. In a different world with different parameters, a GREAT many things we assume and take for granted might not have ever happened at all.

I'm tired of isekai always inventing reversi/othello. Why not invent another easy game like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Dex-chan lover
page 8
he's got 10 white gold coin(platinum?) from king not 10 gold coin

Dex-chan lover
Welp, no surprise here.
Though I expected shogi.
At least try card games.

@stal2walk The manga raws say white gold coins so yes, it's just a mistranslation/lazy translation.
Also a quick FYI, One platinum coin = 10 gold coins = 10 million yen = 90,000 USD (or 100k rounded). So the king basically gave him 1 million USD. Don't remember if this conversion was mentioned in the manga.

@WhimsiCat @maffo666 The 10% is indeed sales tax, but the last 20% isn't exactly profit.

The actual breakdown should be:

"Ideas portion/fee" (you can think of it as royalties, although it's technically more nuanced than that): 20%
Sales Tax: 10%
Cost of materials: 30%
Shipping and Transportation costs: 20%
Company operations cost: 20%

So that last 20% isn't exactly straight profit for the company, since that 20% portion would include stuff like the cost of labor and overhead. This means the total "Production Cost" of the boards would be 50%. I assume the "company profits" would have to be cut out of 20% operation costs; or the company doesn't really make a profit at all (workers would still get paid with operation costs of course).

PS: I give the TL a slight pass on the percentages mistranslation since they are hard to read, but omitting the white gold/platinum coin part is just laziness.

Fed-Kun's army
@Jeirien i think it's chapter 5 or 6 when he shows us that he had created the spell "world dictionary" that allows him so research for any information about anything from this world and the previous one. So yes, he could had created any game from his previous world but perhaps the author likes to lick his country's foot or something

the whole merchant god idea is very stupid.
bringing and old game from previous world, to spread it in new world, by monopolizing the trade and production.
very contradictive, show how the author love of plagiarizing others, but hate when others plagiarize his works.

Double-page supporter
I don’t understand why I’m still reading this. This is the kind of isekai I dislike the most.

Wnf

Dex-chan lover
it's always Othello , which kinda makes sense seeing how easy it is to make but it seems like a stable next to finding rice in these kinds of manga

Dex-chan lover
Oo, so it enters Public Domain after 3 years of inactivity?

@gregluck Indeed, lol. Not to mention the isekai genre itself tends to be incredibly derivative.

Fed-Kun's army
Why not introduce Theatres? I'm sure that'll be somewhat easy to make. I mean, you can use dancers, music, magic shows, gladiatorshows and so-on, and lateron when you have actual actors, you can use them too.

Users who are viewing this thread