Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
come to capital to show yourself? you show yourself more than enough the reward you got = rip freedom
why am i wasting time reread this while still have a ton of manga unread

Dex-chan lover
Oo, so it enters Public Domain after 3 years of inactivity?

That caught my attention as an exploitable loophole. A larger company could make production impossible for a smaller one through various means and try to wait them out. They wouldn't get a monopoly on the product from this, but they'd still be able to take a huge share of the market for the item in question due to their resources and what not.

Fed-Kun's army
I fine with the "no entertainment"-trope, really, its just a way to fluff things a bit up and so, its okay, but really... dont know Japanese anything else then reversi? Sure, its easy, but so are many other games, and it really is ALWAYS reversi xD

@Silwith I guess it's because it's such a simple game. Games like Shogi, Go, Chess, and Checkers are a little more complicated.

So 1 silver is roughly $100. How much are the commoners making where that is afforable? Even in modern society that's a big investment.

Banned
Seriously... when he said he had an idea for something simple, literally my first thought was: "Is it Othello again? Is it motherfucking Othello again?"

And of course, it is motherfuckin Othello again.

Do they even fuckin play Othello in Japan? Why is it so damned popular in isekai series?
I used to have an Othello board I'd take to the pub with me to play against random people. Was great fun. Only two ever managed to beat me though, and one of them I had about equal wins and losses with. Problem is pieces kept going missing... as happens when you play board games in a pub... so eventually I didn't have enough pieces left to play a full game with.
ANYWAY... the point I originally intended to get at is that it was a pretty weird and niche thing for me to fixate on, since it would be more usual to play chess, checkers, backgammon or a card game of some sort... Yet in these isekai series, othello is somehow more common than chess, shogi or go, let alone checkers, backgammon or any sort of card game... and there is never any reason given for it.

Also they're calling it "Reversi" ... the inferior name.... but that is just a matter of personal tastes...

Wait is Reversi/Othello that common in isekai? I always see Go or Shogi. I was actually surprised and about to groan cause I was expecting Go again.

Users who are viewing this thread