Tensei Kyuuketsuki-san wa Ohirune ga Shitai

Power Uploader
@MooPoint,

Assuming that's the case, then it's a spoiler for manga readers, and you can't assume later developments in the LN will play out the same way in the manga. Also, if a one-sided infatuation by a character for another is enough to make it so, then other manga like Grand Blue (among many, many others) could be shoujo ai, which they aren't. The same applies to an implied relationship between two side characters that has nothing to do with the main plot. Even 'romance' is questionable, as Arge has literally 0 interest in it (or anything really besides finding a patron that will let her sleep all day).

Shoujo Ai aside, there's no excuse for the 'ecchi' tag (which you also didn't dispute), but mangaupdates lists that one too. You can't quote another website as being authoritative for one tag, but not another. Not to mention that it's easier to get edit rights at mangaupdates than here, and the status of many of the series there haven't been updated in a very long time, so there's no reason to claim that they're somehow the sole authority for manga tags. Myanimelist is also somewhat authoritative and linked to on all the mangadex pages, and they don't include nearly as many questionable tags as mangaupdates.

Think of someone searching for new manga to read based on tags (which is the main reason tags exist). They want to read 'shoujo ai', search for it, and come across this manga. Then they read 16 chapters of a manga, and don't find what they're looking for. You'd be pretty pissed, right?

In short, I don't see a valid point to your claim that this manga series should be labeled as "shoujo ai," so I'd appreciate it if you turned it back.

Contributor
@seekermoc So should I assume that Futari Monologue isn't Shoujo Ai because it has a one sided affection? Or perhaps Futaribeya isn't because they're just practicing skinship? Or perhaps Vacation Maou to Pet should have its Yuri/Shoujo Ai tag removed even if the official raws labels it as such -- they're spoiling that plot point! Perhaps this is spoilers for all of them! I can really go on, but I'm sure you can do that "research" yourself by going through a ton of manga labeled as Shoujo Ai on this site. The point is that Shoujo Ai manga has, primarily, suggestive undertones and/or moves towards actual love. I haven't read Grand Blue, but if it's not the primary intention of the author/story, then it wouldn't be labeled as such. This one is, though. Continue on to the next (raw) chapter if you must.

I don't quote one site, I quoted two (novel). I wouldn't give all authority to MAL either as it is more minimally maintained + minimally tag descriptive + less free to edit things around.

Is it really correct to state that "there exists some people who would not realize this" vs "there exists people who would realize this"? I think not. As someone who does actively search for Shoujo Ai by tag, within the first few chapters I could already tell there were suggestive undertones throughout the chapters. I've read plenty of manga that are labeled as Shoujo Ai but "nothing happens" between the characters. While I was disappointed about that, I did recognize that it is suggestive. Just because I didn't get what I wanted does not mean it isn't.

So no, it should not change back.

Edit: The more suggestive undertones in this series (does have spoilers, if it's not obvious though):

- Female focused characters
- Arge has only ever sucked blood out of females
- Arge has a love interest
- Sucking blood induces pleasure to the gender(s) you favor
- All men have minor roles/are criminals thusfar (animals don't count)

It's fairly indicative, and honestly does more than a lot of other series labeled as Shoujo Ai does.

Edit 2: One thing I will give you, though, is that its Pixiv site doesn't label it as Yuri (https://comic.pixiv.net/works/3685). That being said, it's common in Japanese culture to not use the phrase 少女愛 (Shoujo Ai) as it's also an innuendo (literally means little girl love). But in the American/English manga culture there is a difference between Yuri (which is more for an older audience) and Shoujo Ai (for younger audience).

Edit 3: But if you look at the webnovel http://ncode.syosetu.com/n0407cz/ it does explicitly say that there exists Girl Love (ガールズラブ) Which yeah it's true the manga may not follow the novel, but I mean... unlikely given the current events that have already transpired + has to occur for the plot to thicken.

Group Leader
I feel like we should just have a user strawpoll for every tag that gets added so there's no argument/complaining about this anymore
just let democracy handle this because ultimately it's the users that use the site

Group Leader
Also can we stop giving a fuck about what other sites do? MD is an independent site and 90% of those other sites are just tagging _ manga series with their own shitty logic and they're weebs just like us. i doubt they hardly have an ounce more credibility compared to us.

Contributor
The better solution is to have tag 'powers' and have people upvote (and possibly downvote) how "powerful" the tag really is. Then you can just sort by the 'strongly agreed' tags.

Strawpolls seeks popular opinions from those who are willing to vote, which is not representative of the whole - it is especially foolish if the official series has a tag that uneducated readers would dispute at face value. It's just unreliable.

Moreover it is quite brash to suggest that relying on other websites is unreliable for information. Other sites have information that you and I do not have, and to reject it is equivalent to accepting ignorance. While it is the true that not all information you find from other databases is true, it is at least a starting point. By gathering multiple sources of information that point to the same conclusion, it gives confidence that the conclusion is true.

But we are left with a system where Contributors need to do the due diligence, and any differences in data needs to be reported. It's not necessarily a bad system, it just could be better.

While I think tag arguments on manga sites are the most banal and inane bullshit ever, there is definitely a point to be made for not allowing the majority to make the choice for the website.

As an example of that, I point to how highly rated this absolutely awful manga is. Should easily be no higher than three stars, but here it sits at seven thanks to that very same dull majority.

Contributor
I think the fault is more in the translator. From what I can try to understand of ch.18:

The first part was Arge dreaming of her past life (in Japan) where he had met a girl who made some sort of promise with him to see what he grows into. The promise was never fulfilled (they never met again because he died). She (Arge) lamented that fact before she woke up.

After that part, I think it basically continues off of ch. 17.

Dex-chan lover
@Nami the majority here actually like this manga, you think it's awful and that's your opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone has to hate it

@AMicrowave I appreciate you and your ability to state the obvious. Yes, it's my opinion. Yes, people don't have to agree. I never said they had to just because I don't.

@TrueGoddessReincarnation If your only defense for the manga is that it might be shit, but others are worse, then that's not much of a defense at all.

Also, I want to be clear. I didn't plan on coming back here and railing on this manga over and over again. I gave my opinion once. I keep being pinged, so I reply in kind. Just to be clear to anyone else reading this. I was done after the first comment.

Double-page supporter
"As an example of that, I point to how highly rated this absolutely awful manga is. Should easily be no higher than three stars, but here it sits at seven thanks to that very same dull majority."

@Nami same reason people on reddit (/r/aww/) like random puppy and cat gifs.....its cute, silly, and sweet.
Plus, the "dull majority" is still the majority, so all is well~~~

Group Leader
ncrdAYO.jpg

Aggregator gang
https://mangadex.org/chapter/484217/32
I thought the cowman pointed out to the Empire though?

Dex-chan lover
I get that having a OP protagonist is basically isekai requirement, but don't authors sometimes go "well, this is actually kinda boring"? ... there's worse examples out there than this one, but still. Can be a bit annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread